• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Offensively

Torridd

8 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

There are people who think the Angels offense is only top ten (or worse)? Geez...

You guys have gotten so pessimistic you don’t even accept objective third party opinions about the team when they’re positive anymore. 

We are a top offense. Period. Not ‘the’, ‘a’ top offense. We’re in the top five. Injuries or breakout years by someone like Adell could change that but that’s roughly where we are. Anyone who says otherwise, I’ll just repeat @GregAlso‘s challenge: Prove it. Don’t just make idiotic assertions.

I’m not going to try to project their ranking on offense until I actually see them play together on the field. It’s the team that has to prove it. 

8 hours ago, RendZone said:

I’m not going to try to project their ranking on offense until I actually see them play together on the field. It’s the team that has to prove it. 

I'm not going to project their rankings until after the season is over.

Have some fun, Claude. Be positive. 

On 1/3/2020 at 10:04 AM, eaterfan said:

Why this obsession with pitching? Can our pitching improve? Yes. But trading offense to do it probably doesn't help. You don't get any more wins for winning a game 4-3 than you do 6-5.

Assuming it's a fair trade, you expect to lose as much offensive production as what you gain in pitching. Not only does that seem to be break even, it probably hurts the team. Offense builds on itself.

For example about every 10 runs created is a win. If the league average has a .300 OBP then a HR is worth about 1.3 runs because a runner will be on base about 30% of the time. The same HR for a team with an OBP of .400 would create about 1.4 runs. In addition, the higher the OBP of the team the more PAs they get. Fangraphs did an article on putting Mike Trout in different lineups. In Houston's he would be projected for about 800 PAs over a full season. That's about 150 more than an Angels season. 

Pitching doesn't work quite the same way. You get diminishing returns once you reach a certain number of innings that starters pitch.

An Ace can impact 20% of the games. An elite offense can impact 100% of the games.

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Trout impacts 90% of games he plays, 155+ games without having any injuries...

No that’s not how it works.  Trout impacts 12% of at bats during the course of the game.  An Ace can impact 90% of at bats during his game. 

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No that’s not how it works.  Trout impacts 12% of at bats during the course of the game.  An Ace can impact 90% of at bats during his game. 

Plus DRS, Ace 90% of AB 7 innings once every 5 days. Trout plays at least 6 mostly 7 games a wk. An everyday player has a bigger impact than an every fifth day player, that doesn't bat.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds