• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal quote on mlb network

floplag

Well i think we all know this isnt done, but he made what i thought was the perfect comment on the discussion tonight on mlb network with Brian Kenney and such...

I think he summed it up when they were talking about the obvious needs for pitching, 2 guys, the panel was talking about options and whatnot and the topic of the what is the teams limits and such and he basically said, "right now they cant have one".  

Brian Kenney noted that it might be necessary to blow past the lux tax to address all the needs with the understanding that it doesnt really hurt till year 3 and by then Pujols drops plus new CBA so the timing is right to go for it in that sense as well. 

Basically we have to fill in the blanks at this point, 2 arms, a catcher, whatever it takes whatever it costs it needs to happen now. 

For up to date numbers with the addition of Rendon, Sportrac says we are at about 181M with about 27M space before the tax.  We need 2 arms and someone to actually catch them

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I just commented in another thread that my gut tells me we'll get one pitcher, but I agree that we need two but it absolutely depends on who they are.  

I think they make a trade for one and then sign Kuechel and Maldonado and go over the tax

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I just commented in another thread that my gut tells me we'll get one pitcher, but I agree that we need two but it absolutely depends on who they are.  

No we're getting two. One via FA, one via trade.

Count on it.

What I don't get is the hate by the MLB Network panel about our bullpen. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Count on it.

A lot of these national guys really show their asses when they talk about us. They literally think it’s Ohtani and Trout and that’s it.  Rosenthal and Kenny were embarrassing in their bits.  At least the panel guys were excited.  DeRosa was pumped. 

16 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think you are right. There is enough depth that they only need one more pitcher but a catcher is where the rest of the money goes with a possible bullpen piece.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Count on it.

coming around more and more that Arte really is pot committed this year and gonna get that extra guy.  

the pen isn't great.  It's fine but could use an upgrade or two.  Nothing expensive though but it could use an injection of a little more talent.  

Just now, Blarg said:

I think you are right. There is enough depth that they only need one more pitcher but a catcher is where the rest of the money goes with a possible bullpen piece.

It also depends if they give up Sandoval in trade.  He would certainly need to be replaced from a depth standpoint but maybe not with someone overly high priced.  

I think that was a great discussion. I was headed out, but hung around until they started talking about Cole 

I get that the Angels need pitching. I get that this isnt enough. I get that Arte gets a little crazy. 

That said, what's the alternative?

I respect Brian Kenny.  I respect Ken Rosenthal. What would they do? Trade Trout?  Theres no value there. There has never been.  Tank?  Yikes. Everyone is doing it.

Arte Moreno has made mistakes. Despite that, he can afford to extend Trout, buy the stadium and land, and do this....

This could be a hugely improved team.  Look at Minnesota last year. They made random moves and won 23 more games. Add Rendon. Add Ryu.  Get some improvement from within. You are in business.