• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blockbuster Trade with Cleveland/Chicago/Boston?

Two trade ideas (Cleveland):

A) Francisco Lindor and Corey Kluber for Andrelton Simmons, Brandon Marsh, Jordyn Adams, Luis Rengifo, Jaime Barria, and Jose Soriano

B) Francisco Lindor, Mike Clevinger, and Corey Kluber for Andrelton Simmons, Jo Adell, Brandon Marsh, Will Wilson, Luis Rengifo, Jaime Barria, Griffin Canning, and Jose Soriano

Two trade ideas (Chicago):

A) Kris Bryant and Tyler Chatwood for Brandon Marsh, Jordyn Adams, Matt Thaiss, and Jaime Barria

B) Kris Bryant, Wilson Contreras, and Tyler Chatwood for Brandon Marsh, Jordyn Adams, Will Wilson, Jeremiah Jackson, Jaime Barria, and Jose Soriano

Two trade ideas (Boston):

A) Mookie Betts for Jo Adell

B) Mookie Betts and David Price for Brandon Marsh, Jordyn Adams, Jaime Barria and Stiward Aquino

I understand the likelihood of any of these trades happening is slim to none, but of these hypothetical trades, which would you most want to see and why? Do you think any of these trades are somewhat realistic? Would we be giving up too much or not enough?

8 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

How is it that someone who knows names like Aquino, Soriano, and Jackson doesn't also know that his trade ideas are bat shit crazy?

I am well aware these trades are crazy. They were more thought experiments and interesting ideas then serious proposals.

I fully expect the offseason to go somewhere along these lines:

- Sign either Gerrit Cole or Madison Bumgarner/Hyun Jin Ryu

- Sign a low to mid-tier starter (Dallas Keuchel, Julio Teheran, Kevin Gausman, etc.)

- Sign a catcher (Martin Maldonado, Jason Castro)

- Sign a (probably lefty) bullpen arm (Ryan Butcher, Jake Diekman, etc.)

I really think we add 2-3 more rotation arms, a catcher, and depending on payroll, positional depth/bullpen help. I don't expect all of this will come from free agency, but it's easier to prognosticate free agents than trades. This is probably still too optimistic of a prediction due to significant payroll increase this would cause, but I'm expecting Arte to get close to the luxury tax threshold this offseason.

I know none of the above trades are realistic, and I know that management would be crazy to trade Adell, but it is fun to think about Bryant, Lindor, Betts, etc. playing for the halos.

41 minutes ago, UnrulyManBun27 said:

I am well aware these trades are crazy. They were more thought experiments and interesting ideas then serious proposals.

I know none of the above trades are realistic, and I know that management would be crazy to trade Adell, but it is fun to think about Bryant, Lindor, Betts, etc. playing for the halos.

Well just looking at the Boston trade ideas, they are nuts. One year of Betts at $30+ mill for Adell is crazy. Eppler would be fired on the spot. Betts and Price for Cozart might be fair but throwing in Marsh and Adams and two others is also a fireable offense. The team cannot afford to take on expensive players who are also not that good (Price) in exchange for our best prospects. It is literally the recipe for destroying a franchise.

9 hours ago, UnrulyManBun27 said:

They were more thought experiments and interesting ideas then serious proposals.

Thought experiments are dangerous on this board.  The last time we entertained one of those - innocent people ended up in tdawg's bunk.