• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Josh Lindblom

mmc

4 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

I’ve said before that I wanted Lindblom, but I’m not sure about it now that we have Bundy.  While Lindblom could be our Mikolas, I think it’s more likely he’s about the same caliber as Bundy.  Guess we’ll see.

Merrill Kelly is a better comp as Kelly was in the Korean League like Lindblom. Mikolas was in Japan.

Lindblom’s numbers were way better than Kelly’s, and Kelly was a decent #4-5 type for Arizona last year.

As another depth option, Lindblom is fine by me. Use the rest of the money for Cole, catchers, relievers, hitters...

Could be intriguing.  Not likely a high cost guy or long term requirement but definitely seems to have re-invented himself over there.
Assuming we are going to trade one of the young arms, which i think is likely, it makes a lot of sense, could even slot ahead of Bundy perhaps. 

56 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Merrill Kelly is a better comp as Kelly was in the Korean League like Lindblom. Mikolas was in Japan.

Lindblom’s numbers were way better than Kelly’s, and Kelly was a decent #4-5 type for Arizona last year.

As another depth option, Lindblom is fine by me. Use the rest of the money for Cole, catchers, relievers, hitters...

Do you have any recent scouting reports on Lindblom?

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Do you have any recent scouting reports on Lindblom?

This MLBTR article has some recent insight...

He isn’t going to blow big league hitters away with velocity — his heater averaged 91 mph this year in the KBO — but Lindblom has standout spin rates on his side. Data obtained by MLBTR puts his four-seamer at a hefty 2610 RPM this past season, while his splitter (where less spin is better) would also rank quite well among big league hurlers at 1200 RPM. The KBO ball isn’t the exact same as the MLB ball, so the carryover might not be exact, but Lindblom’s ability to spin the ball is something that could be of genuine intrigue to a Major League club.

Lindblom’s pitch selection has also changed over the past two seasons, with the 2019 version of the right-hander’s repertoire leaning much more heavily on a four-seamer/splitter/cutter combination than in the past. His slider, changeup and curveball were all used minimally (eight percent or lower), and he’s ditched his former two-seamer entirely. It seems likely that he’d continue to be reliant on the same three-pitch mix that fueled his breakout. The splitter, in particular, has developed into a weapon for Lindblom in the KBO despite the fact that he never threw the pitch during his time in MLB. Notably, he’s also generated extremely low levels of opponent exit velocity, though the weaker competition and different ball composition make it tough to discern exactly how to value that data.

Edited by totdprods

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Dynamite job there Morosi. That reporter school had really paid off. 

"I'm hearing _____________ have contacted ______________."

Man, I would be so good at that job, it's scary. 

That’s not what makes him good at his job. That’s what he does (not just him) to pretend he’s working. 

I don’t particularly like Morosi, but it isn’t because he’s a bad reporter, it’s because he’s a garbage analyst who seems to have a hate-on for Trout for some reason.