• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Managers

totdprods

Anyone want to take a stab at who winds up where? Bonus points if you can guess any coaches as well.

Angels: Joe Maddon, Jim Hickey as pitching coach, Darin Erstad as a bench or base coach.
Padres: Brad Ausmus, Rod Barajas sticks as bench coach
Giants: Gabe Kapler
Mets: Carlos Beltran
Phillies: Mike Scioscia, Mike Butcher 
Royals: Mike Matheny
Cubs: Joe Girardi, David Ross 
Pirates: Joe Espada, Dave Eiland

Edited by totdprods

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Anyone want to take a stab at who winds up where? Bonus points if you can guess any coaches as well.

Angels: Joe Maddon, Jim Hickey as pitching coach, Darin Erstad as a bench or base coach.
Padres: Brad Ausmus, Rod Barajas sticks as bench coach
Giants: Mark Kotsay
Mets: Carlos Beltran
Phillies: Mike Scioscia, Mike Butcher 
Royals: Mike Matheny
Cubs: Joe Girardi, David Ross 
Pirates: Joe Espada, Dave Eiland

1ADAAB71-AFA8-4410-858D-27710950B845.jpeg

If I had to guess, is say Maddon is given free reign to hire the coaches he prefers and judging by the staff he built in Chicago and Tampa Bay, it's going to be full list former players (Loretta, Sledge, Venable, Green etc....

If I had to guess, I'd say Jim Hickey ends up being the pitching coach, they keep Reed and Sorrento as the hitting coaches, Eric Chavez is the bench coach and someone like Chone Figgins and Scott Podsednik as the base coaches.

7 minutes ago, Second Base said:

If I had to guess, is say Maddon is given free reign to hire the coaches he prefers and judging by the staff he built in Chicago and Tampa Bay, it's going to be full list former players (Loretta, Sledge, Venable, Green etc....

If I had to guess, I'd say Jim Hickey ends up being the pitching coach, they keep Reed and Sorrento as the hitting coaches, Eric Chavez is the bench coach and someone like Chone Figgins and Scott Podsednik as the base coaches.

Could see Hickey with the Dodgers now, and Butcher indeed joining the Halos. I do think we may see some other changes though, adding more former players. Maybe Wooten moves into a new role as bench coach? That’ll be an interesting hire. Could be someone they groom if Maddon is serious about stepping away in 3-5 years. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Could see Hickey with the Dodgers now, and Butcher indeed joining the Halos. I do think we may see some other changes though, adding more former players. Maybe Wooten moves into a new role as bench coach? That’ll be an interesting hire. Could be someone they groom if Maddon is serious about stepping away in 3-5 years. 

Tim Bogar seems like he could be a candidate to step into a more prominent coaching role at some point.

Espada was called in for a second interview on Sunday, which included a mock news conference, according to a source. Ross did the same on Monday, and he performed as expected: extremely well, the source said.

I had no idea that was part of the interview process with teams. If that was a major deciding factor between Espada and Ross then the Cubs have their heads up their asses.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27909976/sources-cubs-hire-david-ross-manager