• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Brad Ausmus

mmc

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I wonder if this is a direct order from Arte. If so, he might be realizing that he's got Trout in a prime position and he needs to do everything possible. With money becoming available I wonder if he'll also expand the budget a little more to get this team going. 

Joe Maddon is likely one of the most favorited managers by players in all of baseball. His personality could vibe very well back at the Big A.

This is for me a highly overlooked factor in all the "you move when the time is right" talks.... how long do you waste Trout putting up years like he has been?  Eppler is fixing the farm, but while we wait for that to finish cooking were legit laughing stocks waiting on that man to be relevant to the baseball world. 
I know some will say so what that doesnt matter yada yadda... but yeah, it does.  Arte didnt invest what he did to keep him to have him playing golf every October. 

Another reason Eppler may be on the hot seat is that I believe (but have no proof) that he was primarily responsible for hiring the coaching staff.  I’m not sure what effect White had on the pitching staff other than throwing more breaking pitches for balls while putting additional strain on their arms.  Gallego as 3B coach was adverse to sending anyone home, even guys with good speed.  You have to put some pressure on teams and create some runs.   

Basically, from Ausmus on down this was Eppler’s staff.  I still think that the successful manager deviates from analytics on occasion based on experience and the situation.   It will be interesting to see in the press conference how much Eppler “owns” this decision...

If this is an effort to bring in a well respected manager who players want to play for then it is hopefully the start of something good. We may never know the absolute reason behind it but I have a feeling management felt Ausmus was not the guy star players want to play for and to me things start at the top and work down. I cannot criticize Eppler at this point as he has improved our farm system and that was a priority when he came in. Now time to work on the MLB roster.

You have to wonder (or at least I had to wonder) if Ausmus' dismissal could be because maybe he didn't mesh well with a certain superstar center fielder, and that certain superstar center fielder could have made a suggestion to Eppler and/or Arte. I'm sure that if Trout felt like Ausmus wasn't going to work, and voiced that to upper management, then upper management would make the change.

I'm not suggesting at all that this happened, I just believe it to be somewhat plausible. 

38 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Again, besides his manager decisions which you and I disagree on (I think he's awful across the board), if he's truly a shit inside the clubhouse or toward upper management, why wouldn't he be fired?

Based on the roster he was given, I agree that he shouldn't take the blame and get the boot, but I don't think that's why he was fired. 

Maybe we'll never know. Maybe we will later like we did with Dipoto vs. Sosh/Arte. 

I agree with this.  I am betting him getting the ax had nothing to do with the number of wins he was able to squeeze out of what was a team with serious deficiencies.  I am guessing this has everything to do with how he managed that clubhouse.  

It also doesn't bode well for Billy and his decision making process that a guy he hand picked has been bagged after one year.  That could be viewed as a pretty considerable misstep depending on the context and circumstances.  

If this truly is Arte and co. stepping in and overpowering the situation then that's not a good sign either.  

Hopefully this is exclusive to just Ausmus and his poor performance without any additional drama unfolding over the next few days/weeks/months.  

8 minutes ago, floplag said:

This is for me a highly overlooked factor in all the "you move when the time is right" talks.... how long do you waste Trout putting up years like he has been?  Eppler is fixing the farm, but while we wait for that to finish cooking were legit laughing stocks waiting on that man to be relevant to the baseball world. 
I know some will say so what that doesnt matter yada yadda... but yeah, it does.  Arte didnt invest what he did to keep him to have him playing golf every October. 

Exactly. I think Arte gets it too. This is going to be one hell of an offseason and I think we will have a pretty strong team next year. Clearly Arte isn't in the mood to keep waiting when the best player in baseball has entered his prime. 

Just now, jlar64 said:

If this is an effort to bring in a well respected manager who players want to play for then it is hopefully the start of something good. We may never know the absolute reason behind it but I have a feeling management felt Ausmus was not the guy star players want to play for and to me things start at the top and work down. I cannot criticize Eppler at this point as he has improved our farm system and that was a priority when he came in. Now time to work on the MLB roster.

`I think Eppler has to be in for criticism.  Ausmus was his handpicked guy, and he had the Ausmus’ Detroit experience as background.  Sosh got blasted for some of his funky decisions, but you always new he had a good clubhouse environment and that players seemed to really like playing for him.  If it’s analytics that are driving the decisions, you better be good being someone guys was to play for.

Maybe that wasn’t his forte based on this:  Ausmus may not be a good communicator

Just now, Blarg said:

Did nobody put two and two together?

Maddon has a home in Long Beach.

The Angels are in negotiations with Long Beach for a new stadium.

Wake up sheeple!

Maddon is building the stadium by hand?  I heard he was into carpentry and his name is Joseph.  He'll also be the baseball equivalent of Trout's dad.  It's all coming together.  

55 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

If that's the list they are looking at, they might as well have stayed with Scioscia - so I don't really buy that list. My guess is that Ausmus most likely would be coming back if Madden wasn't available.

Maybe "officially" they decided, but the writing on the wall was pretty clear Madden and the Cubs were parting ways a few weeks ago once the Cubs start to fall out of the playoff race. The team was a mess, but between injuries, Skaggs, missed lottery tickets (Harvey, Cahill, Allen), and just an overall shitty starting rotation...wasn't like Ausmus was given much to work with. This doesn't mean I think he was a good manager...just that nobody was going to succeed with that steaming pile of shit. Maybe there were behind the scene things we aren't privy to, but between the rumors that Red Sox want to jump on Eppler...and Ausmus being dumped...it's almost as if Eppler is doing a lot of campaigning that the shit show of 2019 wasn't his fault.

1 minute ago, red321 said:

If that's the list they are looking at, they might as well have stayed with Scioscia - so I don't really buy that list. My guess is that Ausmus most likely would be coming back if Madden wasn't available.

Maybe "officially" they decided, but the writing on the wall was pretty clear Madden and the Cubs were parting ways a few weeks ago once the Cubs start to fall out of the playoff race. The team was a mess, but between injuries, Skaggs, missed lottery tickets (Harvey, Cahill, Allen), and just an overall shitty starting rotation...wasn't like Ausmus was given much to work with. This doesn't mean I think he was a good manager...just that nobody was going to succeed with that steaming pile of shit. Maybe there were behind the scene things we aren't privy to, but between the rumors that Red Sox want to jump on Eppler...and Ausmus being dumped...it's almost as if Eppler is doing a lot of campaigning that the shit show of 2019 wasn't his fault.

It's Maddon.