• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Madden out in Chi? Interest?

floplag

3 hours ago, TroutAdell said:

Late season collapses two years in a row has pretty much sealed his fate. It won’t cost the Cubs anything since his contract is up. 

If the Angels are to make a change then I would prefer someone like Torey Luvello, if they can pry him away from Arizona. 

I admit I am probably letting mys sentimentality of Joe Madden get in the way of his actual performance as a manager, luckily I have no say in the matter, lol

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

and let's be clear.  

Ausmus was hired to execute the plan put in place by the front office.   

a lot of stuff that Ausmus is getting blamed for is absolutely a directive from above.  If you think Ausmus is unilaterally deciding to put Sandoval or Suarez or Barria on a pitch limit then you are delusional.  If you think that he's the one deciding to have them as our rotation, then you're crazy.  He didn't put Bour, Allen, Harvey, Cozart, Bourjos, Cahill or Lucroy on the team.  He doesn't decide which pitches are thrown to which batter in certain situations.  He's got directives and he follows them.  90+ % of the in game strategy is predetermined.  

If you don't like him because his personality bothers you then I get it.  But he's not to blame for this team's lack of talent.  His job is to maintain the clubhouse which probably has a 2-3 win impact on the season in one direction or another.  Maybe.  

If this is true, why would anyone want to be a major league manager? It doesn't sound like a very important position.  What type of decisions does Ausmus make? 

Just now, eligrba said:

If this is true, why would anyone want to be a major league manager? It doesn't sound like a very important position.  What type of decisions does Ausmus make? 

they make them together.  Ausmus is still involved but he's part of a collective.  

It used to be that the good managers would recognize trends and patterns without the help of some dude with a laptop or an ipad.  Guys would manually chart every pitch and the manager would determine what to throw in certain scenarios for example.  Or they would call for a bunt to move a guy over.  etc.  

Ausmus and his staff are there to implement the vision to the players on a daily.  But I seriously doubt he has the autonomy to allow bedrosian to face a guy because he just has a feeling about it vs. consulting with his ipad which shows him that Cam isn't a good choice.  

Plus, it's a pretty nice way to make 7 figures.  

10 minutes ago, eligrba said:

In all honesty, the manager has as much to with it as.... any of our managers at our own jobs.

Its really you doing the work...

An MLB manager decides who starts (though front offices have taken over that role more and more). Pitching changes (ditto on the front office).

There are behind the scenes things. Like sitting guys down and giving them shit if theyre partying too much. Seeing if their home situation is screwing them up at work. Things like that.

But the game is wholly on the players.

23 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

they make them together.  Ausmus is still involved but he's part of a collective.  

It used to be that the good managers would recognize trends and patterns without the help of some dude with a laptop or an ipad.  Guys would manually chart every pitch and the manager would determine what to throw in certain scenarios for example.  Or they would call for a bunt to move a guy over.  etc.  

Ausmus and his staff are there to implement the vision to the players on a daily.  But I seriously doubt he has the autonomy to allow bedrosian to face a guy because he just has a feeling about it vs. consulting with his ipad which shows him that Cam isn't a good choice.  

Plus, it's a pretty nice way to make 7 figures.  

Thanks.