• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Religion and Politics

Taylor

This is a serious question and I hope I’m not offending anyone.  But what do you guys think about the apparent origins of the book of revelations ? I understand that most scholars agree that John of Patmos wrote it.  He did it in this cave on this Greek island (Patmos) and apparently had visions.  Isn’t it sort of convenient that the island itself and the adjacent ones are loaded up with endemic fauna that are noted for their hallucinogenic properties ?

I am very skeptical generally of religion so I’m not a believer.  But I do wonder what one does with that information ? I mean if you know this, isn’t it difficult to take revelations seriously ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

10 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is a serious question and I hope I’m not offending anyone.  But what do you guys think about the apparent origins of the book of revelations ? I understand that most scholars agree that John of Patmos wrote it.  He did it in this cave on this Greek island (Patmos) and apparently had visions.  Isn’t it sort of convenient that the island itself and the adjacent ones are loaded up with endemic fauna that are noted for their hallucinogenic properties ?

I am very skeptical generally of religion so I’m not a believer.  But I do wonder what one does with that information ? I mean if you know this, isn’t it difficult to take revelations seriously ?

I've honestly never heard that before. If John was tripping when he had his visions, he was surprisingly articulate for a person on hallucinogens. As crazy and bizarre as Revelation is, it still follows a single narrative that wraps up in the end.

22 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I've honestly never heard that before. If John was tripping when he had his visions, he was surprisingly articulate for a person on hallucinogens. As crazy and bizarre as Revelation is, it still follows a single narrative that wraps up in the end.

Presumably many others have touched it since then, no ? 

but ya if you care to, a brief google search will probably give you some info on it.  There’s a whole little touristy thing going on over there.  The cave is believed to be identified they’ve turned it into a museum type thing.  It’s called the “cave of the apocalypse”

Edited by UndertheHalo

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I just mean, he doesn’t even really seem to he passionate about it or have any truly earnest ideology.  Why bother. 

I am no fan of the Bushes, they literally have blood on their hands but just because he isn't picking a side doesnt invalidate his opinion. 

My opinion right now is that too many people are picking a side and arent even considering they might be wrong in some areas

29 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I am no fan of the Bushes, they literally have blood on their hands but just because he isn't picking a side doesnt invalidate his opinion. 

My opinion right now is that too many people are picking a side and arent even considering they might be wrong in some areas

I don’t think his opinion is invalid.  He’s of course entitled to it like anyone else.  I was observing that he doesn’t strike me as person with deeply held idealogical beliefs.  I don’t think he’s even that interested in any real power other then maintaining his place.   And given his immense wealth and privileged and secure station I’m not sure why he bothers with opening himself up to the negative attention.  Particularly when no one wants to hear from him - I think that truly, very few want to hear from him.  

He’s got his.  He does not need any of this shit.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 hours ago, calscuf said:

Than the only logical explanation is that he genuinely feels what he is saying.  

Which obviously is that Trump is vulgar and when you pride yourself on being the moral political party it’s difficult to reconcile that with unwavering support for  someone who lacks morals.  Jeb probably feels like most moral Republicans feel, particularly those in office.  He’s testing the waters with his Trump criticism.  He’s hoping he gets some positive responses.  Unfortunately for him he’s getting blowback for being a Bush and will likely not get any support from any other Republicans who are afraid to say jack shit about Trump.  I think Jeb was testing the waters.  He got reminded the waters are full of ignorant, racist dipshits.

<[insert] generic-cysomeawesomepitcher-gif>

This is a reasonable take on this situation.

7 hours ago, calscuf said:

Than the only logical explanation is that he genuinely feels what he is saying.  

Which obviously is that Trump is vulgar and when you pride yourself on being the moral political party it’s difficult to reconcile that with unwavering support for  someone who lacks morals.  Jeb probably feels like most moral Republicans feel, particularly those in office.  He’s testing the waters with his Trump criticism.  He’s hoping he gets some positive responses.  Unfortunately for him he’s getting blowback for being a Bush and will likely not get any support from any other Republicans who are afraid to say jack shit about Trump.  I think Jeb was testing the waters.  He got reminded the waters are full of ignorant, racist dipshits.

<[insert] generic-cysomeawesomepitcher-gif>

Perhaps too bad even his tweets are low-energy