• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ken Rosenthal: Why Mike Trout should still be a lock for AL MVP

Chuck

59 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

1. I think Trout would be the first to say he does not deserve the MVP award for 2019.

2. It's not the player who has the highest WAR or even the best player award. It is called the Most Valuable Player.

3. How valuable is Trout to the 2019 Angels when the Angels will finish in 2nd to last place and lose 90 games. If there was no Trout they finish in last place instead. How much value do you place on that?

4. Missing the last month of the season is relative. No matter what spin you put on it for whatever reasons you may have.

japan wtf GIF by Cheezburger

I still think that many voters are trying to impress their own peers and audience by showing that they have unique interpretations of the player and season.

Many arguments start off noting in agreement that "Trout is the best player in baseball."

Then they get clever with a "but ...."

Trying to showcase their own views to get attention from their peers.

As if "my insights/views" deserve  more  attention than conventional thinkers. An ego and professionally motivated approach. Create controversy, generate audience interest.

MVP choices have been made for decades in all sports. A combination of intellectual and expertise and knowledge with gut feeling and the personal "eye test." Stats analysis, observation, comparison of different variables. 

And do not neglect conscious or unconscious bias. Voters do not attend or watch the candidates equally. Geography, familiarity, hype, team success and so on factor in to overall opinion. 

Right now, I think A segment of the media are fixated on one relatively minor issue. Games played.

But if the consensus is that Trout is the best player in the game, and his numbers are MVP deserving, these media types are trying to show that they don't want to admit the obvious. 

Trout has been taken for granted as a yearly MVP candidate so often that the media find it a stale story. 

55 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

I still think that many voters are trying to impress their own peers and audience by showing that they have unique interpretations of the player and season.

Many arguments start off noting in agreement that "Trout is the best player in baseball."

Then they get clever with a "but ...."

Trying to showcase their own views to get attention from their peers.

As if "my insights/views" deserve  more  attention than conventional thinkers. An ego and professionally motivated approach. Create controversy, generate audience interest.

MVP choices have been made for decades in all sports. A combination of intellectual and expertise and knowledge with gut feeling and the personal "eye test." Stats analysis, observation, comparison of different variables. 

And do not neglect conscious or unconscious bias. Voters do not attend or watch the candidates equally. Geography, familiarity, hype, team success and so on factor in to overall opinion. 

Right now, I think A segment of the media are fixated on one relatively minor issue. Games played.

But if the consensus is that Trout is the best player in the game, and his numbers are MVP deserving, these media types are trying to show that they don't want to admit the obvious. 

Trout has been taken for granted as a yearly MVP candidate so often that the media find it a stale story. 

If games played doesn't matter maybe Matt Shoemaker will win the Cy young. 

3 minutes ago, thebloob said:

I do love the fact that if Bregman does happen to catch up in WAR the argument goes to him doing it in more games.  A week ago everything was about him having the highest WAR therefore he is more valuable.  

You don't understand how WAR works, do you?

2 minutes ago, thebloob said:

Yes I do. Was that supposed to be an insult?   Is that your thing, run around and insult anyone who has an opinion?   psychologically speaking that behavior is usually a defense mechanism in people with poor self esteem.  

You obviously don't.

And for record, I only call out people who say stupid things. Congratulations, you made the cut. 

33 minutes ago, thebloob said:

Again.  My point proven.  Why is this even an argument anymore.  Jeff Fletcher already indicated that Trout has all but won it.  Go place your bet and enjoy the inside betting info he provides. 

WTF are you even talking about? 

Go to bed. 

On 9/25/2019 at 8:13 PM, happybat4 said:

Bregaman is on a tear to finish the year. I think he will end up winning MVP. He is 2-2 so far today with a double. 

On 9/25/2019 at 8:26 PM, Angelsjunky said:

3-3 with two doubles. I guess he wants that trophy. That second double came on a 14-pitch at bat. Three more doubles and he has a 40-40 2B-HR season.

On 9/25/2019 at 8:45 PM, tdawg87 said:

Bregman wants it, bad. Honestly he deserves it.

Bergman is 0-4 tonight. Must not want it bad enough.