• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why are fans like this??

Jeff Fletcher

I didn't read the thread, so this may have been covered already, but the simple answer is many fans are very emotional when it comes to their favorite teams.  Their moods during a season swing from the highest highs to the lowest lows.  Some fans "live and die" with their favorite sports teams.  This causes them to think irrationally at times.  When people are irrational, they think, say and actually believe things that are not true, but there is no way to convince them otherwise until they calm down and that won't happen until some time after the season ends.

Edited by VariousCrap

Actually aren't you glad to not be in a pennant race or wild card chase.  Look at the NL central.  Always scoreboard watching and worrying about your team because every game counts.  How stressful!!!  Isn't nice to just be able to relax and watch the team with no stress.....  Who needs that?!?

Jeff Fletcher - the fan connection with  'their'teams these days is vastly different than the MLB I grew up with.

not saying it's better, worse , wrong, right - just saying it is.  

Fans can not relate to big money players and vice versa. 

Blue collar fans are priced out of ballparks 

MLB is not longer THE national pastime.

So when 'your team' (that in the past had the same core players on the roster for 5 to 15 years -- but now if a player is there for FOUR years, he's one of about maybe three on the team) is ten games under .500 in August/ September it 's easy to tune out.....perhaps the players, as well.

It's not the same game. It won't ever be again.  I don't like it but there's not much one can do -- for me it's on to college football and the NHL.

as for the Halos -- I did not expect them to win the AL West this year or even make the playoffs, I did expect a close to .500 record.  Now it look like the Halos will end up 10-15 games under 500

that's disappointing, Now the main reason to watch the Angels (Mike Trout) is out for the season -- Angels are hard to watch right now,  You deserve over time rates.

10 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Basically to sum it up is 2020 could look a whole lot different than 2019 and our complaining asses could go from "boo" to "woo". 

You cant do the second part without rolling your shirt sleeves up, the bottom, too, and raising your coors light in the air.

Like @Tank when iron eagle blurays go on sale on black friday

35 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

There’s no such thing as a 100% loyal fan. Well maybe True Gritch. 

I think supporting your team whether they win or lose makes one a loyal fan. Doesn't mean you can't vent or get pissed when they play like shit. But ultimately you blow off that steam and are back the next day with a clean slate.

Being constantly negative and shitting on the team, players, and management non-stop whilst also seemingly finding solace in the organization's failures makes a person's loyalty questionable.