• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

JDown

Glen

Again, all the more reason to shift Upton away from LF and over to 1B/DH.  The Angels didn't sign him for his defense, good left fielders are a dime a dozen, but middle of the order bats, not so much.

Put him at 1B and DH, let him rest his legs, extend his career through his mid-30's and open up LF for Adell and shift Marsh to RF. Flanking Trout with Adell and Marsh would give the Angels the top defensive outfield unit in baseball, help our pitchers out, and would insert some exciting speed and power to the bottom half of the lineup.

Ohtani DH's 60% of the games. The 40% he's not in for, slide Upton to DH and give Albert his starts at 1B. Anytime an outfielder needs a break, shift Upton back out to the outfield and get Albert another start at 1B.

As much as he's a leader in the clubhouse, Albert has a .312 OBP and is headed into his age 40 season. The fact that he'll get to play 50% of the time on a contending team in this situation is there most here could be ask for really.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Flanking Trout with Adell and Marsh would give the Angels the top defensive outfield unit in baseball

Counting two players who have between them zero MLB games played on either side of Trout making us the top defensive outfield in baseball is just ridiculous.

2 hours ago, yamsi12 said:

Counting two players who have between them zero MLB games played on either side of Trout making us the top defensive outfield in baseball is just ridiculous.

Adell's a top 5 prospect, Marsh is top 100 - maybe top 50. If you want to suggest something else, go for it, but you don't block guys like this and they'll get their chances. The Angels are going to have a homegrown outfield for the next decade - with not only Trout, Adell, and Marsh, but Adams, Knowles, Deveaux, and Ramirez. 

5 hours ago, Second Base said:

Again, all the more reason to shift Upton away from LF and over to 1B/DH.  The Angels didn't sign him for his defense, good left fielders are a dime a dozen, but middle of the order bats, not so much.

The Angels have been struggling for years to find one of these good left fielders.

3 hours ago, yamsi12 said:

Defense is possibly the hardest facet of the game to measure statistically and yet the easiest to qualify/project using traditional means. 

Marsh is possibly already the best defensive OFer in the organization.

13 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Defense is possibly the hardest facet of the game to measure statistically and yet the easiest to qualify/project using traditional means. 

Marsh is possibly already the best defensive OFer in the organization.

It sucks we might miss out on The Oreo.

10 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Upton’s baseball skills are starting to show signs of dementia. It gets worse as time goes on. 

Dear Calzone 2,

I personally disagree with your assessment that Upton is declining and I would like to posit these facts to support my personal argument:

During Upton's last 30 games, he has an .806 OPS with 7 HR and 26 RBI. Over a full season, that's 38 HR and 140 RBI's. 

Before you say that's a small sample size, that's roughly half his season as he has only played 63 games. And an .806 OPS is right in line with last year's numbers. Not to mention his overall power numbers, including his awful stretches, are on pace for exactly 30 HR and 100 RBI. 

He has an .857 OPS with RISP. His career OPS with RISP is .817, so not much decline there! 

Oh and as others have said, he wasn't brought here for his defense. 

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

17 minutes ago, red321 said:

First off...wouldn’t Jdone be more appropriate?

second off...outside of this board, where has Marsh ever been mentioned as being a top 100 prospect?

third off...well, I forgot what three was for

He was a top 100 last year then fell off because injuries.

35 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Dear Calzone 2,

I personally disagree with your assessment that Upton is declining and I would like to posit these facts to support my personal argument:

During Upton's last 30 games, he has an .806 OPS with 7 HR and 26 RBI. Over a full season, that's 38 HR and 140 RBI's. 

Before you say that's a small sample size, that's roughly half his season as he has only played 63 games. And an .806 OPS is right in line with last year's numbers. Not to mention his overall power numbers, including his awful stretches, are on pace for exactly 30 HR and 100 RBI. 

He has an .857 OPS with RISP. His career OPS with RISP is .817, so not much decline there! 

Dear Tdwag, 

But Narratives.

The Clod

6 minutes ago, red321 said:

By last year you mean after 2017 season? So almost 2 years ago? 

I’m not sure I see him being in the halos plans to start next year. Hell, I’m not sure Adell is in their plans to start next season. 

Well, beginning of 2018 so yeah.

I don't think anyone is saying he's ready to start in 2020. By 2021? Yes.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Dear Calzone 2,

Thank you. Hopefully he shows up 100% healthy and ready to go next spring. 

44 minutes ago, red321 said:

By last year you mean after 2017 season? So almost 2 years ago? 

I’m not sure I see him being in the halos plans to start next year. Hell, I’m not sure Adell is in their plans to start next season. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=marsh-000bra   Baseball Prospectus had him as a top 100 this season.