• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DJ LeMaheiu is the MVP

UndertheHalo

Just now, Calzone 2 said:

That’s a terrible comparison. Strad the Dodgers and Yankees obviously have more money than the Angels. But you still still have to draft, you still have to scout, you still have manage. We’ve consistently spent more money than 2/3 of the league for years and we can’t can’t the second wild card. This falls on performance on the field. This has nothing to do with resources. 

Drafting and scouting are resources. Why do you think the Dodgers and Yankees are able to consistently draft great players despite being competitive? They have resources the Angels don't. That no other team does. 

As for the A's and Rays...well the A's have been this way for decades. They suck for a few years then randomly field a good team. Trade away anything of value. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The Rays? They haven't been to the playoffs since 2013. Then they were mediocre as hell until 2018. They had one of the best farm systems in baseball and still do. Mostly due to having 6 first round or supplement picks the last 2 years. 

The Angels need to scout better, which they have. We just haven't seen the results yet. We will. 

36 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

You keep glossing over that middle part of the last decade...

20190902_170218.jpg

Um they’ve missed the playoffs four times in 23 seasons. Just what is your point. You’re showing me zero losing seasons. They have one of the best records in baseball this season even after the tons of injuries. I think they’ve been pretty successful despite injuries to Severino, Judge, Betances, Hicks, Gregorious, Sabathia, Montgomery, Stanton, Holder, Sanchez, Voit and Andujar. That’s a lot of injuries for one season. Good drafts and good trades are the key to success.  

Edited by Calzone 2

14 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Um they’ve missed the playoffs four times in 23 seasons. Just what is your point. They have one of the best records in baseball this season even after the tons of injuries. I think they’ve been pretty successful despite injuries to Severino, Judge, Betances, Hicks, Gregorious, Sabathia, Montgomery, Stanton, Holder, Sanchez, Voit and Andujar. That’s a lot of injuries for one season. Good drafts and good trades are the key to success.  

Yeah, and we were a consistent contender all through the 2000s as well, werent we?

The yankees were in the same spot as we were during THIS decade. Theyve only just in the last 2 years come out of it...

What part of that are you missing?

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yeah, and we were a consistent contender all through the 2000s as well, werent we?

The yankees were in the same spot as we were during THIS decade. Theyve only just in the last 2 years come out of it...

What part of that are you missing?

You’re showing me zero losing seasons this decade. Zero!

The last losing season for the Yankees? Wait for it......

Edited by Calzone 2

And here’s the thing @ten ocho recon scoutyou’re pointing at the Yankees miss the playoffs 84-87 win seasons in the past decade and you’re basically saying that’s not good. If we win 84-87 games next season and miss the playoffs this place will still jump for joy and call it successful. Please don’t deny that. 

Edited by Calzone 2

2 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

And here’s the thing @ten ocho recon scout you’re pointing at the Yankees 84-87 win seasons in the past decade and you’re basically are saying that’s not good. If we win 84-87 games next season this place will jump for joy and call it successful. Please don’t deny that. 

Bullshit. Not to mention those 85 win seasons were what, about 5 more wins than we had those years?

Youre falling over yourself to say how much smarter the yankees are, and im pointing out until the last two years, theyve floundered like we have after the 2000s. 

Are you denying that? 2 4th place finishes (which to you doesnt matter, because they were winning seasons). Dead money in guys like ellsbury. Arod. (Or are we the only ones who waste money). Ans coming in behind lesser spending teams.

But i guess its different.

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

Bullshit. Not to mention those 85 win seasons were what, about 5 more wins than we had those years?

Youre falling over yourself to say how much smarter the yankees are, and im pointing out until the last two years, theyve floundered like we have after the 2000s. 

Are you denying that? 2 4th place finishes (which to you doesnt matter, because they were winning seasons). Dead money in guys like ellsbury. Arod. (Or are we the only ones who waste money). Ans coming in behind lesser spending teams.

He said earlier in this thread that dead money is only bad if you don’t have a player to replace him.  Which obviously means since we have Goodwin he will no longer talk about Upton or his contract.  

3 minutes ago, Baghdad Strad said:

He said earlier in this thread that dead money is only bad if you don’t have a player to replace him.  Which obviously means since we have Goodwin he will no longer talk about Upton or his contract.  

This would mean that the Angels insert Goodwin in left field permanently and DFA Upton. Remember that the Yankees bought out ARod and sent Ellsbury to Siberia. That’s what I meant. 

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The Yankees have a different set of standards and expectations than the Angels. 

Example;

The Yankees win 85 games and miss the playoffs the owners, fans and NY press rip them apart and call them out as failures. 

The Angels win 85 games and miss the playoffs the owners, fans and press call it a winning season and something to build on. 

It’s all about October. That’s what the players play for. The Yankees last losing season was 1992. The Angels have had 14 losing seasons since 1992. Obviously the two organizations have done things a lot differently over the years. The press and fans in NY don’t tolerate fail very well. The press and fans in LA/Anaheim are pretty soft. 

1 minute ago, Calzone 2 said:

The Yankees have a different set of standards and expectations than the Angels. 

Example;

The Yankees win 85 games and miss the playoffs the owners, fans and NY press rip them apart and call them out as failures. 

The Angels win 85 games and miss the playoffs the owners, fans and press call it a winning season and something to build on. 

It’s all about October. That’s what the players play for. The Yankees last losing season was 1992. The Angels have had 14 losing seasons since 1992. Obviously the two organizations have done things a lot differently over the years. The press and fans in NY don’t tolerate fail very well. The press and fans in LA/Anaheim are pretty soft. 

So they followed up their 84 win season with 4 more afterwards? After coming in 4th, they did it again within the next 2 years?

Solid take. 

I guess the yankee org and fanbase is cool with the one ring this century. And bostons what, 5? Because they demand excellence.

Yeah, they are second to none out there in NY all right.

14 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Lol, and when they got destroyed by the media and fans for winning 85 games, they followed that by having a worse year right after.

Lol...

I could’ve gone back to 1961 but that probably wouldn’t be fair. Well October is approaching and we have the Dodgers, Astros and Yankees making another run. I’m pretty sure one of those three will probably win it all. That’s going to suck for us. Again.

Oh and in case you weren’t paying attention we were just eliminated in the AL West. That sucks also.

Edited by Calzone 2

18 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I could’ve gone back to 1961 but that probably wouldn’t be fair. Well October is approaching and we have the Dodgers, Astros and Yankees making another run. I’m pretty sure one of those three will probably win it all. That’s going to suck for us. Again.

Oh and in case you weren’t paying attention we were just eliminated in the AL West. That sucks also.

I just realized that you don't care about what the Angels are doing.  You only care about what other teams are doing and that we aren't them.  Which team you care about that we aren't varies from year to year based on how well that other team is doing.  It doesn't matter what the Angels do because they aren't team X.  Last year it was that the Angels weren't the Red Sox.  Even though they've crapped out this year, you'll point to something relevant like how they just beat us 2 of 3.  A couple years ago we weren't the cubs.  And before that we weren't the Royals or the Giants.  

When the Angels actually do start to win again, you don't get to enjoy it.  I'm not gonna let you.  

37 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

And again, completely shuffling past any point anyone here has made... lol

"I could have gone back to 1961".

We wish you would. There or anywhere else.

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

What’s more embarrassing, one poster’s supposed negativity, or 4 posters filling up every thread he posts in with complaints about said poster?

It’s always the same group. They put way too much faith in Eppler and then prognosticate a lot of unattainable goals in spring training. They then resort to cyber bullying later in the season when things don’t pan out. It’s a good release for them and they seem to need it. It’s a long season. I don’t take it personal so it’s cool. Nobody should take anything discussed here seriously. I respect them all. I don’t think there’s anything malicious going on. They’re just as disappointed in the Angels as I am. It’s easy to see.