• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DJ LeMaheiu is the MVP

UndertheHalo

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

I thought Skankee fans were knowledgeable.

Depends where you go. ESPN or Twitter? Ha. So much stupid.

r/baseball is actually pretty good. Trout is a memelord there and most fans are pretty knowledgeable and realize how amazing he actually is.

Whatever. This happens every year. Next year will be someone else. 

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

Mike Trout is the MVP.

DJ Lemahieu is just another guy that Eppler missed out on. Oh and Urshela who cost the Yankees only $25k. 

In Eppler's defense, he probably asked Cashman for his take on those players and Cashman told him they both sucked and to spend money elsewhere, like on Harvey, Cahill and Allen.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Tommy La Stella .300/.353/.495/.848

Brian Goodwin .286/.348/.514/.862

I think Eppler did OK this year. 

I'll give you Simmons, but if you think he saw Goodwin and La Stella doing what they've done this season for the Halos you're kidding yourself. He got lucky on those two.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'll give you Simmons, but if you think he saw Goodwin and La Stella doing what they've done this season for the Halos you're kidding yourself. He got lucky on those two.

I think that's a big part of it. There's no way any  GM knows some rando pleb is going to become a star. They see something they like and hope for the best.

23 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Eppler's scouting on position players outside of Ohtani (I mean, duh) is severely lacking. 

he's done alright here imo.  

Cozart has been the big miss due to the amount invested.  

As much as people rip on Upton, my guess is he'll be solid again next year.   At the very least, it's too early to judge.  

He's done fine with Goody, La Stella, and turning Kinsler into Buttrey, Maldonando into Sandoval, and Cron into Rengifo.  He also acquired Ohtani.  

Yunel Escobar wasn't too bad.  Espinosa sucked but there wasn't a lot of options at the time.  A couple of his OF platoons were created with very little budget or prospect capital to do much else.  

Bour was worth taking a shot at and didn't cost much.  

Simmons was a great trade and still more valuable that what he gave up much to our dismay at the time.  

In the end, he's created a very nice major league lineup.  It's deep and there's more good on the way.  

I don't like Stassi at all so we'll see where that one ends up.