• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DJ LeMaheiu is the MVP

UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

LeMaheiu was a real good player for the Rockies.  He won an NL batting title didn’t he ? It’s not that big of a surprise that he’s a been a good player.  

Product of his environment. He's done well on the road this year but his road splits are...not good overall.

I think Eppler did fine with La Stella and Goodwin but I still think he got hoodwinked with Upton. He has rapidly declining player written all over him. I’m not trying to pick on the guy but his skills are diminishing. This is concerning because of the Angels monetary investment. But to stay on point Mike Trout is the MVP and it’s not even close. There’s no comparison. 

Edited by Calzone 2

15 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Product of his environment. He's done well on the road this year but his road splits are...not good overall.

Not good overall? Really? How good is good?

With all due respect Tdawg, who do we have besides Mike Trout that is putting up road numbers like LeMaheiu? That guy has been solid home and away. 

9FEB66B1-F2C0-431D-9703-977C77E25E9E.jpeg

Edited by Calzone 2

3 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Not good overall? Really? How good is good?

With all due respect Tdawg, who do we have besides Mike Trout that is putting up road numbers like LeMaheiu? That guy has been solid home and away. 

9FEB66B1-F2C0-431D-9703-977C77E25E9E.jpeg

You might want to read my post again. I said he was good this year, but overall? Not good. Look that up.

18 minutes ago, Lou said:

But not away from Colorado, hence his overall 87 OPS+ last year 

Alright he had a down year.  He’s been a pretty good player in his career.  He’s also been a very good defensive player.

im not sure what the point of the argument is.  He’s a been an everyday player for years.  For several of those years an all star type everyday player.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Eppler's scouting on position players outside of Ohtani (I mean, duh) is severely lacking. 

So, you mean, like La Stella, Rengifo, Goodwin, Upton, and Simmons? Those were lacking? ?

People can whine about his pitching misses, but his position player picks have been pretty solid. Sure he's had misses (Cozart is a stretch since he's been mostly injured while he's been under contract), but our offense isn't the problem. 

1 minute ago, Sean-Regan said:

So, you mean, like La Stella, Rengifo, Goodwin, Upton, and Simmons? Those were lacking? ?

People can whine about his pitching misses, but his position player picks have been pretty solid. Sure he's had misses (Cozart is a stretch since he's been mostly injured while he's been under contract), but our offense isn't the problem. 

Keep in mind a lot of people on here hate Upton because he has been bad this year.

Just now, Baghdad Strad said:

So if Eppler was simply lucky when he signed some of the shit he has signed, does that mean the Yankees were unlucky with guys like Happ, Elsbury, the trade for Stanton, and the last 5 years of the original CC deal?  

You’re only unlucky if the player you signed is all you have. Ellsbury is probably 8th on the Yankees outfield depth chart. The Yankees have Tanaka, Paxton, German and now Severino will be back. They’re even talking about Jordan Montgomery’s return for the postseason. They have a nails bullpen already. As far as Stanton, they don’t even need him.