• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Upcoming free agency, pitcher's value

Last 2 years, free agent'spitcher have had a tough time securing new homes, even position players like Harper, who's consider one of the greatest player had a tough time finding a new home.This year, five of the biggest free agents pitcher are on the market; Cole, Hamels, Ryu, Strasburg (?), and Bumgarner. Teams have become know to wait until the last minute to make a late signing or player themselves have waited until june. With that said how do you guy feel the pitcher market will move this season? will it be beneficial to us?

Personally this is what i expect

Cole will get a contract of 7yr between 170-190 mil.

Bumgarner may resign with the giants

Ryu is a unknown, due to his injury history

STrasburg may not opt out

Hamels may accept the QA. 

Also last 2 free agency and the biggest signed pitchers

Darvish: 6 yrs/126 mil

Arrieta: 3yrs/75 mil

Cobb: 4yrs/57 mil

Corbin: 6yrs 140 mil

Eovaldi: 4yrs/68 mil

Morton: 2yrs/30 mil

If Boras plays his waiting game with Cole, I can see the Angels going in another direction. They want him and Anaheim is a logical place for him to land, but given the critical nature of pitching for this team in the upcoming season, I don't see them putting all of their eggs in the Cole basket and waiting for the last minute to see what he decides. 

3 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

So you’re saying that he’s not going to listen to other offers? 

I’m saying that he may be more interested in playing for the Angels as they enter their window of opportunity than maximizing his potential earnings. He would be foolish not to listen to other offers, but in the end he will be expensive and the Angels will need to pay. I think the past few years of pitching problems only adds to the reality that the Angels need to pay.

15 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I'm beginning to forget what a true ace looks like.   It's been since Weave circa 2010-2014, that the Halos have had one.

And he's been the only true one this decade.   GRich pitched like one in 2014 for 3/4 of a season, but that's it. 

It would be great if we could just turn the term Ace to mean the guy that is nails year in and year out, same it for guys like Max, Verlander, Old Kershaw, the dude from Cleveland,  and I am sure I am missing quite a few.  Then create or use the term #1 starter for years where a pitcher pitches like an Ace but hasn’t had the longevity to be considered an Ace.  Because you are absolutely right this team hasn’t had an Ace in a long ass time.  We have had two Ace like seasons of late, Richards in 2014 and Shoe in I believe 2015.  

36 minutes ago, Baghdad Strad said:

It would be great if we could just turn the term Ace to mean the guy that is nails year in and year out, same it for guys like Max, Verlander, Old Kershaw, the dude from Cleveland,  and I am sure I am missing quite a few.  Then create or use the term #1 starter for years where a pitcher pitches like an Ace but hasn’t had the longevity to be considered an Ace.  Because you are absolutely right this team hasn’t had an Ace in a long ass time.  We have had two Ace like seasons of late, Richards in 2014 and Shoe in I believe 2015.  

This is how I see it. There are not 30 aces in the league. There are 30 #1 starters. This season, ours is...Heaney?

Some teams have multiple aces (Nats, Astros). Most teams have none. But there are not 30 aces.

42 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

This is how I see it. There are not 30 aces in the league. There are 30 #1 starters. This season, ours is...Heaney?

Some teams have multiple aces (Nats, Astros). Most teams have none. But there are not 30 aces.

Yep. Exactly. 

1 hour ago, Baghdad Strad said:

That's how I've always viewed it.  There are about 10 true aces in the game right now as I see it.  Then another handful of guys that pitch like a #1 each year and might be able to sustain that for another year.  They rotate in and out a bit.  I think Cole is the former.  A true ace.  Wheeler is, or could be the latter.  Ohtani as well.  Heaney is a clear notch below those guys.  He might have a season where he puts it all together but we shouldn't expect that.  I think Canning has a shot at that second tier.  

5 hours ago, Baghdad Strad said:

Shoe's season was also 2014.

And of course Weave's 2011 and 2012 seasons were as well.   He is the most recent Halos starter to have back-to-back seasons like that.  

On 8/25/2019 at 10:40 PM, Scott34 said:

Strasburg would be a great addition and of course Cole. 

I hope Strasburg opts out, at least - more supply on the market isn't a bad thing.  He doesn't get the attention he once got, but he's putting up solid numbers.  

And if he wanted to return to SoCal, well ...

But he's already got 4 years/$100m left on his current deal - I'd have a hard time offering him anything more than that, while I'm sure Boras thinks he's gonna get 6/150 or something insane like that.