• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We're not done yet

Torridd

L'et's do the actual math.

The Angels are 9.5 games behind the second wildcard team, the Tampa Bay Rays.

The Angels have 47 games left, the Rays 46.

That means the Angels need to win 10 more games than the Rays to tie them.

For example, if the Rays go 23-23, the Angels need to go 33-14 (.702). If the Rays continue at their season pace of .568, they'll finish at 92-70; the Angels would then need to go 36-11 (.766) to tie them.

The Angels are also 9 GB the Athletics, 3.5 games behind the Red Sox, and 2.5 games behind the Rangers. So even if the Rays falter, they have three other teams to contend with.

There's the math. After seeing it, how much of a chance do you think the Angels really have?

It wouldn't surprise me if there are people out there who say nonsense like "Hey, if we go on a 25 game winning streak..... anything is possible!"

Hell, the Kings President Luc Robitaille said the exact same garbage to us STH in late February. We were dead last and he knew STH renewals were coming up. He said with a straight face to us STH during a pre-game meet and greet, "The Kings are one good week away from being back in it." Everyone laughed. He didn't.

7 minutes ago, TooCool said:

It wouldn't surprise me if there are people out there who say nonsense like "Hey, if we go on a 25 game winning streak..... anything is possible!"

Hell, the Kings President Luc Robitaille said the exact same garbage to us STH in late February. We were dead last and he knew STH renewals were coming up. He said with a straight face to us STH during a pre-game meet and greet, "The Kings are one good week away from being back in it." Everyone laughed. He didn't.

images-2.jpeg

10 hours ago, Torridd said:

Can we split with Boston and subsequently win about 11 more games the rest of the month?  If so, we may have a chance to get into the wild card race.

This team looks like they've given up. With Eppler not believing in the team and adding starting pitching at the deadline this team is absolutely done. I have been saying all year that they can make the playoffs. They are officially over the year can't wait for the offseason. Maybe they'll get some life back into next season. But right now they are toast. Cue them going on a 15 game winning streak right after this is posted. 

10 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

This team looks like they've given up. With Eppler not believing in the team and adding starting pitching at the deadline this team is absolutely done.

this is a baseless thing to say, and you know it.

you have no idea (nor do i) about how much work he puts into his job. all any of us can see are the results, not the effort. to suggest he doesn't believe in his team is just a silly thing to say.

remember that a trade takes two partners. maybe other teams didn't like what we were offering, or maybe they were asking for too much (like adell and canning) and we said no way. unless you were listening on an extension, you and I don't know.

you're a better fan than this.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

you have no idea (nor do i) about how much work he puts into his job. all any of us can see are the results, not the effort. to suggest he doesn't believe in his team is just a silly thing to say.

remember that a trade takes two partners. maybe other teams didn't like what we were offering, or maybe they were asking for too much (like adell and canning) and we said no way. unless you were listening on an extension, you and I don't know.

2019 Nutswinger Post of the Year nominee

8 hours ago, Kevinb said:

This team looks like they've given up. 

More idiocy from Kevinb, the B is for brainless.

They have no pitching. There is nothing they can do to override that from the other 8 guys on the field. No lead they take lasts an inning. No way they can create some momentum when the opposing pitcher gets to take the mound with a five run lead in the first inning. They have three guys starting that were in Salt Lake earlier this year to cover for the infield injuries. The only guy on the roster from day one is Fletcher. 

Nobody on the Angels is giving up. But they simply can't win sending out a squad of relievers from Salt Lake four games a week. 

This isn't some excuse for the losing streak, this is the reality of why they are on a losing streak. 

3 hours ago, yk9001 said:

2019 Nutswinger Post of the Year nominee

Good call. I should have realized that the lack of action with our team is strictly because Eppler was playing xbox instead of working the phones. 

We should have traded Adell for Kevin Ginkel.

It is over as the Angels have no pitching, no hitting, and forgot how to win. I love the Angels and wish they were going to the playoffs, but they are not. It’s not like all the other teams in front of them are going to lose so the Angels can catch them. They are not going to beat Boston, got swept by Baltimore, and Cleveland. We will have to enjoy what is left in the season and enjoy the youngsters and see how they do. I hope next year will be different with some great free agents coming to the Angels and to the World Series.

14 hours ago, Tank said:

Excuse me good sir.. But I never once said Eppler didn't put in any work. I am sure he put in plenty of work... I just said Eppler didn't believe in his team to make a playoff push and this team looks done. But to say that I said that is baseless because that's not what I said you are a better poster than this. 

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

More idiocy from Kevinb, the B is for brainless.

They have no pitching. There is nothing they can do to override that from the other 8 guys on the field. No lead they take lasts an inning. No way they can create some momentum when the opposing pitcher gets to take the mound with a five run lead in the first inning. They have three guys starting that were in Salt Lake earlier this year to cover for the infield injuries. The only guy on the roster from day one is Fletcher. 

Nobody on the Angels is giving up. But they simply can't win sending out a squad of relievers from Salt Lake four games a week. 

This isn't some excuse for the losing streak, this is the reality of why they are on a losing streak. 

More nice words from Blarg. So I can't say they look defeated and like they've given up. I am not allowed to voice my opinion on the matter. All year long I thought this team would make the playoffs. The deadline happened, nothing got added to the Angels and they've lost what 8 in a row now? Just looks like they are defeated. I apologize it is not your opinion. But because I have one that differs from you doesn't make me brainless. But thank you for the kind words. I see that when everyone was all let's be nice to each other after Skaggs death we all took it to heart. I for one won't go down that path anymore. I hope you have a pleasant day. I am sorry you feel like throwing hostility at me but I forgive you. Go Angels.