• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Get ready for Zack Godley

Just now, Jeff Fletcher said:

But they haven’t them all up at once. It’s a lot easier to put together 9 innings with 7 pitchers if you have a 15-man staff. 

I thought they were limited this year to 28 man roster in September?  So if they have 15 arms we won’t really see any of the guys like Rojas or Adell?

4 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

But they haven’t had them all up at once. It’s a lot easier to put together 9 innings with 7 pitchers if you have a 15-man staff. 

True....but, with Sandoval up, all of the starters from SLC that we might call up are on the ML roster....

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

True....but, with Sandoval up, all of the starters from SLC that we might call up are on the ML roster....

Again, they don’t need to be “starters” if you’re using 7 of them in one game. That’s kind of the point. 

Heaney, Suarez, Peters, Barría, Sandoval, Buttrey, Robles, Bedrosian, García, NRamirez, Anderson, Cole, Cahill, Bard, Jewell, Tropeano, JC Ramírez, Middleton .. and I probably forgot someone .. could all be up in September, along with having Canning back. 

You can easily get 9 innings a day out of that. 

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

If his fastball is topping at 90 he may not survive enough innings to make it worthwhile. They'll be teeing off on him early.

tops out at 93.  avg of 90.  

but he was very effective at that velo last year.  

seems mechanical to me but even if they grab him for nothing and try him out, what have they lost?  

• 4 weeks later...

it seems the Angels are intent (and rightly so imo) in getting more looks at Suarez, Sandoval, Barria, Peters and Heaney.  Probably get a spot start or two from Trop as well.  

they were just off on Monday and have 3 more off days before the season ends.  I could see Trop starting a game vs. the CWS or Indians then the other 5 towing the mound the rest of the time.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

it seems the Angels are intent (and rightly so imo) in getting more looks at Suarez, Sandoval, Barria, Peters and Heaney.  Probably get a spot start or two from Trop as well.  

they were just off on Monday and have 3 more off days before the season ends.  I could see Trop starting a game vs. the CWS or Indians then the other 5 towing the mound the rest of the time.  

Yep, thats the right call IMO.  I posted the link because I knew there was some noise about him previously.   At this point in a season he isn't someone you waste a roster spot on, which is likely why the Jays dropped him.

12 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yep, thats the right call IMO.  I posted the link because I knew there was some noise about him previously.   At this point in a season he isn't someone you waste a roster spot on, which is likely why the Jays dropped him.

I'm sure they're combing the wire for a reason to let Cahill go as well.  

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

....At this point in a season he isn't someone you waste a roster spot on, which is likely why the Jays dropped him.

If we have a spot, I’m not sure there is much down side....you get a look at him and if you’re not impressed, you let him go after the season....if he impresses, then you’ve got a decision to make.....but not sure if we have a spot.....Canning to the 60 day?