• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The season is over

Glen

I didn't have any great expectations for this team because the starting rotation was so volitile. Heaney has been constantly injured, Skaggs was always fluctuating between potential and dissapointment, Harvey and Cahill were reclaimation projects and our 5th starter was a rotation from AAA. 

As the attrition started I could see this wasn't going to work out regardless of the spurts of success because they could never get on a consistant string of series won or being competitive from week to week. Start after start with an opener or a starter not getting though four innings pretty much said this team would never be able to hit their way out of this quagmire, even though they tried .

I have no reservations about the Angels defense or offense moving forward. I think Adell will have rookie growing pains next season but will compete for and probbaly earn the Rookie of the Year honors. If Rengifo can catch fire he could contend this season for the title and will be an intregal part of the infield next season along with Simmons, Fletcher and La Stella. The glove payers do not concern me.

Pitching. The Angels just can't move anywhere without pitching and not one year retreads, they need full time quality pitchers that can put up six or more innings a start. Otherwise they are dead in the water again. Which would be a shame since so much of the rest of the team is in good order.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

sigh 

Tanking is trading everyone of value and losing as many games as possible.  It is chicken shit.  If they would have tanked 2-3 years ago when you first asked them to tank, then we would have no Trout, Ohtani or Simmons.  They would have Albert and a bunch of guys in the minor leagues.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Tanking is trading everyone of value and losing as many games as possible.  It is chicken shit.  If they would have tanked 2-3 years ago when you first asked them to tank, then we would have no Trout, Ohtani or Simmons.  They would have Albert and a bunch of guys in the minor leagues.  

tenor (9).gif

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You know what would be great ?? Losing a lot and getting a good pick.  Fu*ck the DNA.  It’s time for the Angels stop being fuc*king retarded.  TANK. 

Tanking is not necessary if you're good at drafting and developing.  The Ducks are a perennial playoff team and consistently have a very good prospect pool.  The problem with the Angels is they were previously not good at the former and it remains to be seen if they've improved at the latter. 

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

Tanking is not necessary if you're good at drafting and developing.  The Ducks are a perennial playoff team and consistently have a very good prospect pool.  The problem with the Angels is they were previously not good at the former and it remains to be seen if they've improved at the latter. 

No, it doesn’t remain to be seen, you are simply ignorant.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t mean tanking like that.  I mean running out Sunday lineups a couple times a week.