• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler to speak with media

16 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I like the way the Astros GM thinks. Buck up, Eppy or GTFO! I'm giving you until October 2020. 

Jeff Luhnow "We have a chance to win a World Series. The last thing I wanted to do is leave a stone unturned and knocked out in October, and wonder what would have happened if we hadn't acquired another piece."@Astros | #Astros | #TakeItBack pic.twitter.com/ZQyRBEM7ZO

— MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM (@MLBNetworkRadio) August 1, 2019

I think around here some people get so caught up in things they forget what our end goal is, to win the World Series. I wonder if people would have been good with trading Adell and Marsh for someone if we ended up winning a world series because of it? I honestly think some people would still say no, it was a bad deal. Not saying this was possible this year, but in general. 

5 hours ago, zenmaster said:

I think around here some people get so caught up in things they forget what our end goal is, to win the World Series. I wonder if people would have been good with trading Adell and Marsh for someone if we ended up winning a world series because of it? I honestly think some people would still say no, it was a bad deal. Not saying this was possible this year, but in general. 

There would absolutely be people that would be angry even if they did win the World Series. Remember that poll we had on Mike Trout? It basically asked would you rather the Angels trade Mike Trout and win a World Series or keep Mike Trout and not won a World Series and there were a lot of votes for keeping Mike Trout and not winning a World Series.

It absolutely blows my mind that people would rather watch a player play than see their team win a world series. Now it might be different because we have never actually seen Adell play a major league game but the fact remains there are still people that don't think winning the World Series is the most important thing.

IMO, Eppler has been one of the best GMs this team has seen. Sure, he’s made moves that didn’t work out. In fact, a lot of them. But any GM who has a farm that was completely depleted and ranked below my boots, and was able to turn it around in a #15-#20 rank, you have my respect. Everything has improved each season that Eppler has been here, aside from the starting pitching. Unfortunately, life happens. Ohtani’s TJ last season, Skaggs’ tragedy, Heaney in and out of the IL list.......and an owner who wants him to turn the farm around and still win at the same time with virtually nothing....

how can you be upset with Eppler? He is able to keep the best player of our era (and quite possibly of all time when it’s all said and done) to a mega deal. Trout would have left, he said it himself, if he didn’t think Eppler was building something here. And the old cliche “Rome wasn’t built in a day” is so true in this case. These things take time. Injuries happen to everyone, it’s a part of the game. 

There are some things you really can’t control. I believe if Eppler went “all in” on Eovaldi and Corbin, we’d probably be upset with the results we would have been getting. And it likely hinders the chances of us going “All In” for Cole.  

Im sure Eppler is prepared to go after Cole very aggressively and for someone else as well. The team is ready to compete with the right arms at the top of the rotation. This winter is about to be that time it starts to happen...