• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler to speak with media

2 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

family guy vomit GIF

Stop me if you've heard this one before... lol 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, three times... well, you get the idea...
I mean if someone can tell me how its going to be any different at all then as opposed to last off season or this deadline im all ears. 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

family guy vomit GIF

Stop me if you've heard this one before... lol 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, three times... well, you get the idea...
I mean if someone can tell me how its going to be any different at all then as opposed to last off season or this deadline im all ears. 

I mean he did pick Harvey Cahill Stratton and Allen this past offseason to shore up the rotation and closer role so clearly you can be confident he knows what he's doing

I just hope that means he will try to make a trade during the offseason and still run for Cole. It just worries me that "4-6 years of control" and "surplus of infield prospects" were in the same sentence. No wonder teams rejected it. Grabbing a solid pitcher with that many years of control likely starts with the name Adell or a package of Marsh/Simmons and Suarez. Not infield prospects...

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Because it's bullshit and he knows it. 

There is a glaring need in the starting rotation both this season and beyond and he hasn't done anything to address it. 

Damn. If only he'd traded Adell and Marsh for Thor - he of the 4.00+ ERA. Sure, our future would be jacked, but at least we'd have a shot at losing in the WC game.

1 minute ago, RBM said:

Yeah, the 4-6 number surprised me also. If that's what he said it means he was looking at AAA pitchers or guys in their first two years of MLB service.

That's pretty much his entire rotation right now.

Which is/isn't what we need. We need young/controllable arms, but we REALLY need a solid piece MLB ready to lead the rotation.

14 minutes ago, RBM said:

The Astros gave up the equivalent of Canning, Suarez, Marsh and Adams for Greinke and they are still much deeper than we are. We need to keep building our bench if we are truly going to compete. We're close. This offseason will be very telling.

Thank you Dipoto and Reagins for those seven years we are still trying to climb out from under.

This guy gets it.

14 minutes ago, Quinlanforthewin said:

I mean he did pick Harvey Cahill Stratton and Allen this past offseason to shore up the rotation and closer role so clearly you can be confident he knows what he's doing

Those were one year contracts after the guys actually worth the money wanted to stay back east. Was he supposed to force them to sign? 

The stupidity on this board is really something.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

How long before we have a farm that can be attractive enough to trade some solid prospects not named Adell, Marsh, and Canning and still benefit???????

Part of the problem is that those are the guys who have actually developed to the point of being valuable. The last draft or two probably has valuable guys, but their value is still developing. It sucks, but getting mad at Eppler as if that's his fault is crazy.

1 hour ago, cvdog said:

The Pujols contract was a joke. Our last 2 GM's have been embarrassing.  The Astros had no problem giving up prospects (80% of which never pan out) in order to get Grienke and Sanchez. Epplers inability to evaluate and sign SP talent has destroyed the Angels this year. Trout will have another MVP season on a garbage 500 team.......

How quickly people forget. When the Astros first joined the American League, the discussion was about what an overwhelming joke that they were, and how the records of other teams in the AL West would be inflated because they were all playing them. Fast forward and they already have one trophy on the shelf and they are going for more. Big difference: Billy Eppler was handed one of the worst and most depleted farm systems in baseball (at least one writer said that it was historically bad), and a number of overblown contracts for non-producing players (perhaps the names Josh Hamilton, C. J. Wilson and Albert Pujols will ring a bell). The Astros joined the AL in 2013, and the building project was already under way.

Your point about Eppler sucking obviously has merit. I mean, after all, what other GM wouldn't have entirely rebuilt the organization from top to bottom in less than four years?

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Does anyone really think Ohtani can exceed 100-110 innings in 2020?

Only 50 innings these past two seasons!

AO.... he only pitched in one of them... he went down w TJ 2 months into the one he pitched...

He has as much of a chance at bouncing back as any other guy who had that surgery.

Goozfrabbahhhhhhh

56 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

And making that trade and taking on that money is worth it from where the Astros are right now.  It would have made zero sense for the Angels.

This times 1000

Seriously, how many of you think Grienke would have suddenly moved us ahead? If say we squared off with houston, and they started Cole... 

We win that game... who pitches game 2?

Some of you seriously need to take a break, step back, and look at the big picture. If you read this board every day, youre more aware of whats happening than calls in to the sports lodge guy.

NOBODY here assumed we were winning the WS this year. NOBODY here bough a matt harvey jersey...

Its a transition year. The team is still a ways away... one guy isnt going to change that.

What some of you want is for this team to make the same mistakes that got us here to begin with.

The 2012 team was a lot better than the current one.... how did trading prospects for grienke work out back then?....