• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Noah Syndergaard and Edwin Diaz?

jordan

Some here are better at articulating trades but how about Syndergaard and Diaz from the Mets. It would most definitely cost a lot prospect wise. If we could do it without including Adell I say we should do it. Syndergaard doesn’t reach Free Agency until the end of 21 and Diaz until the end of 22. But this fits what Eppler would like to do in adding someone who can help beyond this year. Plus a solid, elite arm in the pen.  

The Angels aren't getting Syndergaard withouth giving up Adell, unless the Mets get desperate. But they won't - they'll have offers. And of course they don't have to trade Syndergaard yet.

The Angels farm is decent, but Adell is the only elite prospect. 

To get both would require something like Adell, Rengifo, Marsh, Suarez, Soriano.

This is all a big IF, but if Angels could at least get Syndergaard and then sign Cole in the offseason, that would put the Angels at or above the Astros in my opinion. But this is likely a dream scenario anyways. 

14 minutes ago, halomatt said:

I'd give up Adell for Syndergaard. Keep Calhoun at the option rate and wait on Marsh and the other outfielders.  Also, throw money at Syndergaard to keep him in an Angel uniform. 

Wooo. Brace for impact. 

I would’ve considered Adell for deGrom last year but Syndergaard’s durability concerns are too much for me to bite. 

Question - would you do deGrom for Adell straight up now? deGrom’s under a hefty contract now, but effective and controlled. 

Edited by totdprods

21 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I think the Padres and Angels match up well in a trade still. Brandon Marsh for Adrian Morejon would measure up, at least at first sight.

The Padres are pretty loaded in the outfield, think they'd prefer to keep their pitchers.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Wooo. Brace for impact. 

I would’ve considered Adell for deGrom last year but Syndergaard’s durability concerns are too much for me to bite. 

Question - would you do deGrom for Adell straight up now? deGrom’s under a hefty contract now, but effective and controlled. 

Yes.  Absolutely. 

I know it's somewhat "controversial", but if the Angels want to "get", they have to, "give."  If the Angels want to trade for an "Ace", they are going to either give up a ton of volume, or at least one Blue Chipper like Adell.  I love Adell's future potential, but really..the offense is doing okay and Calhoun currently has an OPS+ of 112, so the Angels really need to keep/replace that.  Not too difficult. 

It's a least a conversation that might bear some fruit, but I definitely believe the Angels should explore that option. 

BTW...I'd rather have DeGrom than Syndergaard.  If that means the Angels take on the salary and deliver a lesser package that keeps Adell in the Angel farm, then all the better.

or we can just wait till the off season, sign Cole, get a healthy ohtani back sometime next season, Canning and Heaney are capable 3s and 4. We still have barria and Suarez with pena plus opener for the 5th spot. we can also dangle either Suarez or Barria and see if we can get a guy that has proven to eat inning while having an Era under 4.

3 hours ago, jordan said:

Some here are better at articulating trades but how about Syndergaard and Diaz from the Mets. It would most definitely cost a lot prospect wise. If we could do it without including Adell I say we should do it. Syndergaard doesn’t reach Free Agency until the end of 21 and Diaz until the end of 22. But this fits what Eppler would like to do in adding someone who can help beyond this year. Plus a solid, elite arm in the pen.  

Yea and people think I am nuts suggesting we could get quality reliever and quality prospect for Calhoun.

2 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

The Padres are pretty loaded in the outfield, think they'd prefer to keep their pitchers.

The Padres are pretty loaded everywhere. Their infield is set for the next 5 years at least. The outfield, there are a lot of options but all are flawed. Renfroe has power and an arm, but lacks range or on base ability. Franmil is the same, Margot is a solid all around player but the question of whether or not he will hit enough is still a valid one. Franchy is injury prone, Myers is going to be released, and Naylor isn't looking like a long term option in the outfield at all.

This could just as easily be a unit with a combined OBP of .300 with poor defense as it can be a highly productive one. Marsh would immediately be their CF of the future, and likely best overall outfielder upon arrival.

And that's a team that can afford to part ways with Morejon. Just look at their pitching staff next year. Paddock, Gore, Richards, Patino, Lucchesi, Allen, Lauer...

13 hours ago, halomatt said:

I'd give up Adell for Syndergaard. Keep Calhoun at the option rate and wait on Marsh and the other outfielders.  Also, throw money at Syndergaard to keep him in an Angel uniform. 

No.

Cross-posting from another thread...

Jason Vargas
Mets might be ready to move on from Vargas since he's a vet on an expiring contract and been involved with some of their clubhouse drama. 
In 18 G/17 GS, Vargas has a 3.96 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 4.66 FIP, 104 ERA+ in ~89 IP - all of which would basically be tops among Angels starters. 
Since opening the year with three awful games  - 14.21 ERA in 6.1 IP - Vargas has a 3.17 ERA in 15 starts, allowing three or fewer runs in 14 of those.

I bet the Angels could take on Vargas and Ramos almost free if they just took on the contracts. Vargas fills one of the rotation slots this year. 
Ramos gives them a 'bat-first' catcher for next year - but causes an unnecessary logjam at C this year with Smith/Garneau playing well (I'm assuming one of them would get flipped back to NYM or in a separate deal, i.e., Pittsburgh for Lyles or Liriano)

Edited by totdprods

16 hours ago, totdprods said:

Done. 

I think Marsh is ultimately our path to an impact arm.

It makes sense.    Except that, who plays RF after Kole leaves?   Does Adell have a strong enough arm?   Adams has a strong arm, but is probably at least three years away.    Can they count on Upton to then play LF effectively enough through 2022?