• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Disneyland Annual Passholders

I love how I get hooked up with fast passes almost every time I go. We were walking to the stand by line for Hollywood Tower Hotel and this girl gave us 2 fast passes since she had extras. Then the same thing happened for Indiana Jones.

Edited by Primitive

As a Cast Member with a silver pass I can go almost anytime I want. I am allowed to sign in three guests as well. At no cost it is really easy to skip a long line and come back another day. If you are going to go more than twice a year it is worth checking out the passes. The quality and cleanliness of Disneyland compared to Knotts makes up for the price difference. I don't go to the park when it is crowded for summer or special events. But that is only about 30% of the time. The crowds are low right now with kids back in school, so it is a great time to go. I completely ne'er stand he frustration of paying top dollar and not getting to go on all the rides. But if you go at the right times you will get your money's worth.

As a Cast Member with a silver pass I can go almost anytime I want. I am allowed to sign in three guests as well. At no cost it is really easy to skip a long line and come back another day. If you are going to go more than twice a year it is worth checking out the passes. The quality and cleanliness of Disneyland compared to Knotts makes up for the price difference. I don't go to the park when it is crowded for summer or special events. But that is only about 30% of the time. The crowds are low right now with kids back in school, so it is a great time to go. I completely ne'er stand he frustration of paying top dollar and not getting to go on all the rides. But if you go at the right times you will get your money's worth.

I went to Knott's last year, and found it to be very clean. As far as quality of Disneyland, many of the rides, and attractions are seriously outdated. 

We went to CA Adventure last week.

I was worried because it's still summer and Cars Land is massively popular.

But my little guy turned 2, so the family went.   I like that it opened at 8A.

We basically did an 845-1p session, went home, napped, ate lunch, went back from 5-10.

We fast past the Cars ride at 9 for 6p.    Other than that we didn't wait much for the rides.   Maybe 30 minutes.

It was fine, but now that I'm in my 40s, I just don't care.

I have only been to Disneyland a couple of times in my life and cannot say that I ever enjoyed it.  Usually went at someone else's suggestion.  I actually bailed back in the early 90's about 30 minutes after arriving it was so packed.  Screw that.  On the other hand, I was an annual pass-holder for Knotts for probably a decade (2001-2011) and absolutely loved it.  Took my daughter there a thousand times and she had a great time, for the most part without lines, and in 1/5 the time.  Love me some Knotts.

I went to Knott's last year, and found it to be very clean. As far as quality of Disneyland, many of the rides, and attractions are seriously outdated. 

...and for some reason you find a great deal of Knott's to not be outdated?

I had a pass at Knott's for years, the place is fine, it can be clean, but is also a babysitter for cheap parents who drop off their 12 year olds once a week for less than $100 a year. It has some cool rides but compared to Disneyland or CA Adventure its really a dump. Its operations and overall throughput per day are well below Disney, and as far as being an "immersive experience" for millions of people a year, it barely compares.

Lots going on at the Disneyland resort every day, wow you can't rush through the rides in 2 hours and go home...but is getting in and out as fast as you can really what you're looking for? Because that's not the type of entertainment the DL resort provides. They don't have the bare bones thrill machines, but for the most part if you're looking for a day of things to do and a pleasent experience DL and CA Adventure can be fun. Knott's and Six Flags have the record breaking xtreme rides, but it can be downright depressing with things that are closed,  how empty they can be, how you can pay $40+ for a ticket then be bored after an hour or 2 because you went on everything already.

I'm pretty much an adult and I love the crazy scary rides, but as far as overall experience and quality entertainment in a SoCal Amusement park, the DL resorts got it hands down.

The food at Disney resort is really good too. So much better than when we were kids eating at plaza gardens. Adult beverages served at California Adventure. The Mad Hatter show is incredible. Not my kind of music but you can't help but enjoy the immense talent that is the man playing the hatter. Disney just does so many things the right way. My experience with Knotts is limited(3 visits in last 25 years), but I have not been happy with what I saw. Employees done with their shift standing at the drink line untucked shirt , smoking a cigarette and just talking to heir friends without buying anything while the line got longer. Dirty tagged restrooms. Drinking fountains that barely trickled water. Granted I went in the off season and have a small sample size but I was not impressed by Knotts at all.

• 1 month later...

Do any of you know if Big Thunder Mountain is back up and running?

The refurbishment is delayed and the ride will not open until (tentative) February 2014.

Big Thunder Mountain has brand new track, new trains, and is getting updates to the mountain landscape and surrounding atmosphere. I am a pretty avid theme park follower and have not found a decent explanation specifically as to why the ride opening was delayed. I would guess from past experiences with delays that they ran into a problem concerning new train clearances, safety devices along the track, discovering previous infrastructure damage that needs to be fixed, or just overall more time to fine tune the refurbishment once everything is ready for testing. Disney for the most part is very very picky in the way they operate and open rides in that they like to fix all the bugs or problems before the ride is opened to the public so that the finished product runs flawlessly. Very different from parks like Knott's or Magic Mountain.

Refurbishments are much different from new installations. For the most part they save money because an entirely new area doesn't need to be built, and they are avoiding major problems that could come up in the future. But they can also be a bit frustrating in that the previous version can bring forth problems that were not foreseen by designers or engineers until they are actually on-site installing the new equipment or testing the attraction to required specifications.

• 2 years later...

I don't get this change either.  There has been a long rumored Marvel Land coming to California Adventure.  Rumor is it's going to be built in the area behind Tower of Terror so I guess it makes sense they change the Tower of Terror ride to compliment that.  But I think the Hollywood Tower fits more in with the overall California themeing of the park and I really liked the Twilight Zone theme of the ride.  I always thought it was well done.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...