• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Astros @ Angels 7/16/2019

Okay then fine, our entire farm system wasn't enough to get Yelich and those four players were better than any players we had in our farm system at the time. That still is no excuse for no playoff appearances since he's been the GM. It's also very clear he has no idea how to put together a starting pitching staff. Going off topic though so I'll just end it there.

1 minute ago, RBM said:

92 pitches for Heaney to get through four innings. Not sure if he sees the 5th. I would send him back out with this lead.

lol 

I wasn't sure if I saw that correctly so I just checked it online. 

6 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Okay then fine, our entire farm system wasn't enough to get Yelich and those four players were better than any players we had in our farm system at the time. That still is no excuse for no playoff appearances since he's been the GM. It's also very clear he has no idea how to put together a starting pitching staff. Going off topic though so I'll just end it there.

Yawn.  

38 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I don't get the hate. It was not intentional. Right away he checked on Lucroy. He made a mistake and that's all it was. The Angels clearly feel the same way because he was not plunked and nothing has happened. The Angels have forgotten about it just like the fans should. Even our announcers acknowledged it was just an unfortunate incident.

There is a massive difference between booing a guy and plunking a guy.  Never once did I say I wanted Heaney to plunk him.  I never said I hated him either.  Booing a guy who put our catcher on the IL is OK in my book.  Maybe not yours

6 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

There is a massive difference between booing a guy and plunking a guy.  Never once did I say I wanted Heaney to plunk him.  I never said I hated him either.  Booing a guy who put our catcher on the IL is OK in my book.  Maybe not yours

Oh no I agree with you there. I have no problem with the booing but it's the karma remark I was referring to. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. He is an opposing player so even if he didn't make that mistake, it would be okay to boo him. I don't believe in karma at all and if it really was real, he would go 0-4 with four strikeouts and make like three errors.

Just now, Lou said:

awkward silence GIF

Yeah okay later on and that's fine. It was a bang-bang play. Did he call him a bunch of names and say he should be suspended for the rest of the year and say that he wants to fight him or that he should be thrown at or that his nose should be broken? Did Lucroy get all up in his face right then and there while his nose was bleeding? Did he yell at their dugout?

8 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

So 100% I would have loved to have got Yellich and at the time was completely for trading Adell for him.  But I have a question that I think it’s pertinent to this discussion.  

Say we did get Yellich.  How much do we think that would have changed for the Angels ? They still would have had no 2B, catcher or 3B and an injury ravaged rotation.  It seems to me that the timing wasn’t right.  The Angels are in a better position now moving forward.  If they had Yellich you figure they’d be worrying about retaining him and maybe they can’t spend like we’re hoping on pitching. We’ll see if they make it happen this off season. 

Also, the Angels I think it’s  unlikely that the Angels could have won the bidding war for Yellich.  So none of this matters really. 

Just now, beatlesrule said:

Yeah okay later on and that's fine. It was a bang-bang play. Did he call him a bunch of names and say he should be suspended for the rest of the year and say that he wants to fight him or that he should be thrown at or that his nose should be broken? Did Lucroy get all up in his face right then and there while his nose was bleeding? Did he yell at their dugout?

Ummm, he didn't get right up in his face because he couldn't get up. He also couldn't yell. 

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

So 100% I would have loved to have got Yellich and at the time was completely for trading Adell for him.  But I have a question that I think it’s pertinent to this discussion.  

Say we did get Yellich.  How much do we think that would have changed for the Angels ? They still would have had no 2B, catcher or 3B and an injury ravaged rotation.  It seems to me that the timing wasn’t right.  The Angels are in a better position now moving forward.  If they had Yellich you figure they’d be worrying about retaining him and maybe they can’t spend like we’re hoping on pitching. We’ll see if they make it happen this off season. 

Also, the Angels I think it’s  unlikely that the Angels could have won the bidding war for Yellich.  So none of this matters really. 

Oh and at the time of the trade the best prospect they got for Yellich was ranked higher than Adell.  At the time of the trade Adell was ranked in the 50’s or 60’s.  

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

They still would have gotten Lastella and Rengifo and had the same catchers as now. Pitching you have a point because Eppler has no idea what he's doing there. Also, Yelich is under contract through 2022 making 15 million a year so that would not be an issue. 

You are probably right though in that the Angels would have lost a bidding war but it would have been nice for them to really show that they went all out to try to get a top player like Yelich to go along with batting in front of or behind the best player in the game. That didn't happen and Trout has continued to be wasted. One playoff appearance during his time here.

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

Ummm, he didn't get right up in his face because he couldn't get up. He also couldn't yell. 

Okay so I take it he's not there at the game tonight right? Did any player or anyone in the Angels organization have a confrontation with Jake tonight? Did anyone punch him in the nose and break it? Why wasn't he been thrown at? I'll tell you why, because the Angels organization has forgiven and forgotten what happened. Fans can't seem to do the same

4 minutes ago, RBM said:

No but Yadier Molina did. Have you seen his tweets?

Yes I have and so a non Angel player is mad at him. Maybe watch the Cardinals and Astros play each other if that happens and see if Molina does anything to him. I'm going to go ahead and almost guarantee that nothing happens.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

They still would have gotten Lastella and Rengifo and had the same catchers as now. Pitching you have a point because Eppler has no idea what he's doing there. Also, Yelich is under contract through 2022 making 15 million a year so that would not be an issue. 

You are probably right though in that the Angels would have lost a bidding war but it would have been nice for them to really show that they went all out to try to get a top player like Yelich to go along with batting in front of or behind the best player in the game. That didn't happen and Trout has continued to be wasted. One playoff appearance during his time here.

Like I said.  We’ll see what they do from here.  I don’t think there’s an honest person on AW that wouldn’t be deeply disappointed if they don’t get Trout into the playoffs in the next year or 2. And I don’t mean for 1 year.  I mean the Angels opening up a window and being a year over year contender.

Obviously the failure to contend has been huge problem.  The pressure I believe will be ratcheting up. 

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Okay so I take it he's not there at the game tonight right? Did any player or anyone in the Angels organization have a confrontation with Jake tonight? Did anyone punch him in the nose and break it? Why wasn't he been thrown at? I'll tell you why, because the Angels organization has forgiven and forgotten what happened. Fans can't seem to do the same

Did we bomb Hiroshima on Dec 8, 1941?