• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I've got a strange feeling...

On 7/13/2019 at 6:54 AM, PattyD22 said:

It’s been roughly 8 hours since the magical game last night, and as I was walking out of the stadium, I was thinking this exact same thing.  Maybe, just maybe....

But....we’ve walked this road before.  Many times.  Last night was just unexplainable.  It was emotional.  It was magic.  It will also be very difficult to repeat.  Heck, even for the fans it will be difficult to repeat the energy.  

Matt Harvey is pitching tonight.  Let me repeat that.  Matt Harvey is pitching tonight.  The last time I saw him, baseballs were flying out of Angel Stadium like leather hail stones against the Twins.  

Im sure he’s feeling a lot of pressure to keep this train rolling, and God willing, he can.  But the taste I have from his last outing is slowing polluting all the wonderful thoughts I had from the magic that was last nights game.  I hope I’m wrong.

I was thinking the same exact thing about Harvey pitching today.  But hey, not bad a game for him. 2 game win streak.

I've got a feeling, I think that everybody knows
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah.
Yeah, yeah, I've got a feeling, yeah.
Yeah

Ev'rybody had a hard year
Ev'rybody had a good time
Ev'rybody had a wet dream,
Ev'rybody saw the sunshine
Oh yeah, oh yeah.

Ev'rybody had a good year,
Ev'rybody let their hair down,
Ev'rybody pulled their socks up,
Ev'rybody put their foot down.
Oh yeah, oh yeah.

Yeah I've got a feeling

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

On 7/13/2019 at 7:43 AM, John Taylor said:

i honestly don't feel right projecting a baseball team's success against the death of a player. I think the best anyone can ask for is that the players go out there and play their hearts out and try to have the most fun they can to honor Tyler, no matter what the end result ends up being. Last night was special, and was really something you couldn't script.

It's not projecting success on a death.  It's showing that at the most difficult times in life, something can alter life into something completely special.  I do hope this becomes something special.  

20 hours ago, Blarg said:

All this will fade. You can't base a season off of a eulogy. Guys, the season is half over and we are a month from the dog days. These guys are not going to be feeling the same way in a month as they are now, they can't, it's unsustainable. Skaggs won't be forgotten, his jersey will still be in his locker and in the dugout but the guys will have to win without being emotionally tied to a tragedy. 

And you guys need to move on with the grieving process and quit thinking the season is going to be affirmation of some sort. Beating the Mariners is great. Last night was magical. They aren't the competition that will being in a playoff race. For the other 14 teams in the AL this is just another season. The Angels are not going to be getting any sympathy wins.

Negative Nancy.  

5 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

You sound as though you knew Skaggs. How can anyone truly grieve over someone that’s not their family, friend, or even acquaintance?

It’s perfectly ok to feel terrible for Tyler and his family. It’s another thing to “grieve”. Do you all grieve and want condolences every time you turn on the news and hear a sad story about a tragic death of a young person?

There is some real unhealthy behavior going on here at AW and I think it’s kind of disrespectful to those who really are grieving for Skaggs. 

eddie murphy yes GIF

You sound as though you knew Skaggs. How can anyone truly grieve over someone that’s not their family, friend, or even acquaintance?

It’s perfectly ok to feel terrible for Tyler and his family. It’s another thing to “grieve”. Do you all grieve and want condolences every time you turn on the news and hear a sad story about a tragic death of a young person?

There is some real unhealthy behavior going on here at AW and I think it’s kind of disrespectful to those who really are grieving for Skaggs. 

This is a Facking terrible take. Is a fan's pain going to be as strong as a mother's, a wife's, a family member, or a teammates? No, but that does not make it any less real. I can guarantee you that we spend a lot more 'time' with Skaggs, watching him on the mound, in the dugout in interviews than a lot of his actual family did. When you invest your time in a team like all of us super fans have then we are going to build connections with the players. A lot of us have children that are Skaggs age who worked hard to try and get to the position he did, there are a lot of people on this board who are around Skaggs age who did everything they could to try and reach the level he did. A lot of us have young children we take to games and tell them to look up to Tyler Skaggs. It's very easy to connect his ultimate fate with our own lives and that is not 'unhealthy behavior' its a symptom of being capable of empathy. 

52 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

With all due respect fuck off with this opinion.  That would be like me telling you that you can’t grieve the loss of a nephew or a niece because the love and bond you had with that person isn’t like the love and bond their parents had for them.  In other words, its a pathetic opinion.  

1 hour ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Stop being such a fucking ass. You're not being edgy. You're just being pathetic 

2 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Equating the death of a complete stranger to the death of a family member is exactly my point. It’s terrible and a mockery to the grieving family. 

Was it "terrible and a mockery" when the nation and/or world grieved the assassinations of former presidents? Or MLK? Or John Lennon?

Equating the death of a complete stranger to the death of a family member is exactly my point. It’s terrible and a mockery to the grieving family. 

This is is obsessive behavior that is unhealthy to say the least. 

Show us all where anyone equated their grieving with that of the family. 

52 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

This is is obsessive behavior that is unhealthy to say the least. 

Then do us all a favor and stop comparing them since you seem to be the only person making the comparison, which might be why you are getting the resistance you are getting.  

49 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Well, so much for that.

Back to reality...five-game win streak was fun though.

Never said they'd go undefeated.  But we still took 2 of 3 from the 1st place team. Now time to start a new streak.