• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So you're telling me there's a chance... Bauer.

14 hours ago, Lou said:

Did you read the article?

That was amazing. I was admirable of him until he got to the relationship part. There's nothing wrong in being blunt if you're not outrightly trying to hurt someone, but that relationship crap was infantile and selfish. Then there's that one-year stuff. Does he really mean that? Maybe now, but when he gets older or hurt he may have wished for the long-term contract. I wish him well.

1 hour ago, Torridd said:

That was amazing. I was admirable of him until he got to the relationship part. There's nothing wrong in being blunt if you're not outrightly trying to hurt someone, but that relationship crap was infantile and selfish. Then there's that one-year stuff. Does he really mean that? Maybe now, but when he gets older or hurt he may have wished for the long-term contract. I wish him well.

Would it be better if he lied if that's how he really feels? 

That, in my opinion, would be selfish.

18 hours ago, Lou said:

I really enjoyed reading that.  I think he's one of the more engaging players in baseball.  I can see why some people might not like him - but I don't have any issues with who he is.  I like it when people are disruptive in a way that makes things better.  I like it when people challenge the status quo.  I like that he proves others wrong. 

I think I'd prefer Bauer over Cole because he's different.  I love the way he uses data and the way he's mastered his mechanics.  I think it's entirely possible that he won't have injuries related to his mechanics.  I like his confidence.  He's not the kind of guy I'd necessarily want to be friends with (not that this is even an option) - but I respect him for being true to himself.  I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a huge fan, but I don't dislike him either.  I just think he's interesting.  Different.  Worth knowing more about.  And he can flat out pitch.

Just now, #WeNasty said:

If I had to choose between Cole or Bauer I think I go Cole. My understanding is they don’t like each other so trading for Bauer probably eliminates our chances of signing Cole. 

I think they might get over it for the right paycheck, but you're probably right... still i have to add this on principle.. 
girl why dont we have both GIF

15 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

They’re already on the hook to pay 4 players a combined $102M next season. Trout alone gets a $20M raise. Cole will most likely want $20M per (i’m guessing). Eppler has never paid any pitcher a $100M+ contract. He’s also never given any Boras clients a $100M+ contract. Cole looks great but Bauer would actually be more of an Eppler type of acquisition but they’ll have to give up something significant to get it done. 

Trout was already going to get that money next year on the old contract. The money afterwards replaces pujols' money. The team already planned for this with its spending the last few years..... its not near the issue youre trying to make it out as.

As far as eppler never having committed that money to a pitcher, perhaps its because the last 4 years we havent been in a position to justify doing so?

Seriously... you and a few others need to stop with your silly "the world is made or broken today" scenarios. There was a valid reason they laid quiet for the last few years. It was to get the team to the next few.

Had this team done what so many of you wanted the last few years, we would be in far worse shape today, and still have nothing to show for it.

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Trout's already making 36 mil this year -- 16 mil base and 20 mil signing bonus so his money stays the same and it actually drops very slightly in 2021. 

Year Age Tm Salary SrvTm Sources Notes/Other Sources
2012 20 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim $492,500 0.083    
2013 21 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim $510,000 1.070 contracts  
2014 22 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim $1,000,000 2.070 contracts  
2015 23 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim $6,083,000 3.070 contracts  
2016 24 Los Angeles Angels $16,083,000 4.070    
2017 25 Los Angeles Angels $20,083,000 5.070 contracts  
2018 26 Los Angeles Angels $34,083,000 6.070    
2019 27 Los Angeles Angels $36,833,333 7.070    

2020 28 Los Angeles Angels $36,833,334   includes pro-rated share of signing bonus from previous contract
2021 29 Los Angeles Angels $35,450,000    
2022 30 Los Angeles Angels $35,450,000    
2023 31 Los Angeles Angels $35,450,000    
2024 32 Los Angeles Angels $35,450,000    
2025 33 Los Angeles Angels $35,450,000    
2026 34 Los Angeles Angels $35,450,000    
2027 35 Los Angeles Angels $35,450,000    
2028 36 Los Angeles Angels $35,450,000    
2029 37 Los Angeles Angels $35,450,000    
2030 38 Los Angeles Angels $35,450,000    
  Earliest Free Agent: 2031
Career to date (may be incomplete) $115,167,833 Does not include future salaries ($391.3M)

Today will be bruce lee gif day

tenor (12).gif

20 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I like Bauer but I personally feel like he's a bit overrated.  One amazing season.  Several underwhelming albeit solid.  

Here's the big thing I don't like.   This year is pretty much done for this team.  I want to believe otherwise, but realistically, he doesn't do anything for us this year.  So you're basically trading for a rental.  A team that could use him for the rest of this year and next will pay what they pay and we'd have to pony up that same price to get him even though half a year's worth of his value is a waste.  And then you have to pay him FA prices to keep him beyond that 1yr.  

So why not just sign Cole, Bumgarner or Wheeler?  It's a risk that they'll come here but I think it's worth that risk.  Don't give up prospects for a guy you're gonna pay like a free agent anyway.  

I love Bumgarner, but if we are going to sign him, we need to tread lightly. He has decline written all over him. He's still solid, but he's probably not going to be worth whatever someone gives him. 

I would rather sign Cole or Wheeler. 

“I’m looking forward to it,”said Cole. “I know what my right is as a player. Once I get six years of service time, my right is to be able to say yes or no to a place I want to play. So I’m excited to be able to exercise that right.”

That may make it sound as if Cole is ready to exit the Astros, but that isn’t necessarily the case. Houston, according to Cole, “checks a lot of the boxes. I expect them to be there when push comes to shove. I wouldn’t mind playing there for a lot longer.”

Boras is his agent. 

6 hours ago, Lou said:

“I’m looking forward to it,”said Cole. “I know what my right is as a player. Once I get six years of service time, my right is to be able to say yes or no to a place I want to play. So I’m excited to be able to exercise that right.”

That may make it sound as if Cole is ready to exit the Astros, but that isn’t necessarily the case. Houston, according to Cole, “checks a lot of the boxes. I expect them to be there when push comes to shove. I wouldn’t mind playing there for a lot longer.”

Boras is his agent. 

Houston has enough long-term rotation questions that I imagine they’ll make a pretty strong push. They’re going to see him as their Scherzer, anchoring the rotation through his prime and for a long time. The Angels are going to have to pay huge money or really hope Cole has dreamt of playing back in SoCal.

They have a legit shot but I still think Eppler is going to balk at a big overpay, so we’re gonna be banking on him simply wanting to be here. Which is possible with Ohtani, Trout, Adell and the farm, his home, etc., except Houston has just as good a claim with their players, farm, and being ‘home’ enough at this point.

But...

Gerrit Cole grew up in Southern California admiring John Lackey. A native of Orange County, Cole was 12 when he rooted Lackey on to victory in Game 7 of the 2002 World Series at Angel Stadium.”

1 minute ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Would you rather give up a ton of prospect capital for 8 months of Bauer or just money for 5 years of Cole?

Because you aren’t getting both. 

That's a no-brainer when presented that way... money for 5 years of Cole.

I think Cole gets 6/180.  

I would absolutely do that before losing a ton of prospect capital on Bauer and then still paying him to stay even if the money and years are a bit less.  

The FA market for SP is solid for 19/20.  Go that route first.  

Even if we do make a trade, I would not trade for anyone with 1yr of control even if I can re-sign them long term unless the price was similar to what we paid for Upton.  

29 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Will Cole only get a 5 year deal? It seems like the trend these days is 7+ years.

I imagine the 7/$210m that Scherzer got at a similar age is gonna be the comp.

And that's probably the price tag even if he wants to be here.