• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Merry Fackmus

Chuck

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Lol, the title change was not that much better but what the hell.

My nickname for Ausmus is Nero. He stands in the dugout and just watches the game go up in flames and doesn't lift a finger to stop it. 

I scaled it back.

As for leaving Harvey in, the guy was throwing batting practice, it was laughable. Ausmus never sent out the pitching coach, he just stood there watching shit go down. Four home runs in three innings of work. You had to be there to see just how badly they were pounding the ball against Harvey. 

Ausmus bullpen choices were all of the 3rd tier pitchers. Guys that have not shown any consistency or ability to keep the ball in the park. He left Noe Good Ramirez in vomit up 5 runs and then Wild Belch Cody to add another two. He even put Walsh out there to give the Twins another scoring opportunity in garbage time. 

He is playing the players he is given. His management of when to play them and for how long is what sucks. It feels like he gives up on games early and doesn't even attempt to stop the bleeding, just let's other teams stomp on our weaknesses. 

39 minutes ago, Blarg said:

As for leaving Harvey in, the guy was throwing batting practice, it was laughable. Ausmus never sent out the pitching coach, he just stood there watching shit go down. Four home runs in three innings of work. You had to be there to see just how badly they were pounding the ball against Harvey. 

Ausmus bullpen choices were all of the 3rd tier pitchers. Guys that have not shown any consistency or ability to keep the ball in the park. He left Noe Good Ramirez in vomit up 5 runs and then Wild Belch Cody to add another two. He even put Walsh out there to give the Twins another scoring opportunity in garbage time. 

He is playing the players he is given. His management of when to play them and for how long is what sucks. It feels like he gives up on games early and doesn't even attempt to stop the bleeding, just let's other teams stomp on our weaknesses. 

I would have played them the same, except Cole.  I would have had Bedrosian in instead.  There is no good reason to pitch your better bullpen pitchers in a blowout.  Let the shitty ones eat the innings and confirm they are still shitty.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

Ausmus is simply playing the players Eppler got him. What would you have done differently today? My only gripe is that he pulled Harvey too early. Harvey should have gone at least five innings. The bullpen was just as bad as Harvey today. 

I agree.Harvey should have stayed in and eaten more innings.  He is a veteran pitcher who supposedly can pitch.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

I wish it were so easy to pinpoint the Angels' problems.

Unfortunately it's not all Ausmus. The team is just shitty.

The Twins came in and spanked us today.

Embarrassing.

It's NOT all Assmus. I know that, but he inspires no optimism or success going forward.

Ausmus went about 2-3 weeks to start the season where his moves made sense.  Since then, it seems that everything he's done has turned to shit.  

More than that though, I find him standoffish and arrogant.  Like every question he's asked to answer is beneath him and he's bored of it.  

He's not very likable or engaging.  At least that's how I feel.  

Blake Parker, Twins, $1.8MM: The Angels would take a do-over on their non-tender decision, as Parker has turned in 16 1/3 innings of 1.10 ERA ball for a bargain rate of pay. True, he’s carrying just 6.6 K/9 with 3.9 BB/9, but his strong 56.1% groundball rate is a nice base to work from. There’s really no reason to think that Parker will keep up the immaculate results, as he’s highly unlikely to carry a .195 BABIP and 96.2% strand rate all year long. Still, he has saved eight games for the streaking Twins and now seems to be a key part of the bullpen picture for a surefire postseason team. Parker is also eligible to be tendered a contract through arbitration one more time this fall.

Too bad Ausmus doesn't have him in the pen.

56 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Ausmus went about 2-3 weeks to start the season where his moves made sense.  Since then, it seems that everything he's done has turned to shit.  

More than that though, I find him standoffish and arrogant.  Like every question he's asked to answer is beneath him and he's bored of it.  

He's not very likable or engaging.  At least that's how I feel.  

In a nutshell..

2 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I don't get it.

Ausmus didn't sign Harvey.

or Cahill.

hell, even the sick lineups are a collaboration now.  Managers are less important than ever.  Great scapegoats, I guess.

You haven't been paying attention,  clearly. 

Lay off that shit OC craft beer.

Scioscia wasn't exactly "engaging" from a fan's perspective.  His interviews were dull. After a while, I tuned him out.  So, I mostly tune out when Ausmus talks.  Who cares what these guys say?  They aren't nearly as important as they used to be.  They have a ton of help... direction... collaboration... however you want to spin it.

Pretty sure one of the players... Skaggs?....  said it was a looser atmosphere this year.  Whatever that means.

Y'all are reaching.