• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Tigers - Return of Ohtani

54 minutes ago, Dick Enberg said:

You need to quit acting like you own the place.

I remember that one guy called Chuck a dictator , too funny.Whenever I hear the word dictator or dictate,I can't help but think of this joke.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Buckwheat and Darla were in school and the teacher asked Darla,' How do you spell' dumb'?" Darla says, "d-u-m-b, dumb." The teacher says, "Very good. Now use it in a sentence." She responds, "Buckwheat is dumb." "Now spell' stupid'." Darla says, "s-t-u-p-i-d." The teacher says, "Very good. Now use it in a sentence." Darla says, "Buckwheat is stupid." Then the teacher calls on Buckwheat and asks, "Buckwheat, spell dictate." Buckwheat stands up and says, "d-i-c-t-a-t-e, dictate." The teacher says, "Very good. Now use it in the a sentence." "I may be dumb and I may be stupid, but Darla says my dictate good!"

Time to get serious and start some consistent winning on the road. This schizophrenic, streaky, roller coaster pattern keeps giving inconclusive signals about the roster. 

If the team has any hope of getting to 500 and beyond they need to generate a little bit of a road winning streak. Take a couple of series, let the new lineup gel, and hopefully start creeping up in the W.C. Race at least.

Interesting how Calhoun began at lead off and now is at eight. Not sure what they expect from him there, though leadoff wasn't working. Maybe less pressure and chance  to generate occasional power? His OBP will probably never justify leadoff again but his overall game has some positives. 

Very curious about Ohtani as a one dimensional player this season. Possibly it will make him a better hitter, having to only focus on hitting and not being juggled around so much. With all the micro managing of his usage, pitches, days off, pinch hitting role and so on he had to multi task physically and mentally. Not to mention worry about the recurring damage to his pitching arm. Now he is in a very specialized role, and can think only about hitting. 

All this said, it's the starting rotation that will make or break this season. Still very problematic, with no easy quick fixes.

2 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Time to get serious and start some consistent winning on the road. This schizophrenic, streaky, roller coaster pattern keeps giving inconclusive signals about the roster. 

If the team has any hope of getting to 500 and beyond they need to generate a little bit of a road winning streak. Take a couple of series, let the new lineup gel, and hopefully start creeping up in the W.C. Race at least.

Interesting how Calhoun began at lead off and now is at eight. Not sure what they expect from him there, though leadoff wasn't working. Maybe less pressure and chance  to generate occasional power? His OBP will probably never justify leadoff again but his overall game has some positives. 

Very curious about Ohtani as a one dimensional player this season. Possibly it will make him a better hitter, having to only focus on hitting and not being juggled around so much. With all the micro managing of his usage, pitches, days off, pinch hitting role and so on he had to multi task physically and mentally. Not to mention worry about the recurring damage to his pitching arm. Now he is in a very specialized role, and can think only about hitting. 

All this said, it's the starting rotation that will make or break this season. Still very problematic, with no easy quick fixes.

Optimistic take: He spends the rest of this season learning to be a MLB hitter, and it makes him a better hitter in the future; a guy who really can make it as a full time hitter. Given his natural talent, his pitching largely takes care of himself, and he slowly improves his craft over the next few years. When all is said and done, he is a better all around player for having this stretch in which he is focusing entirely on hitting.