• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Tigers - Return of Ohtani

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

Canning is a pleasure to watch.  He's got excellent control/command.  He's still spiking his change a lot.  Once that get's going, he's gonna be ridiculous.  

He is really fun to watch.  I wish he could get a few more quick outs.   Seems like he throws 4 pitches to every single batter.  It would be nice to see him be able to get the first pitch over then get some weak swing outs on the second pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He is really fun to watch.  I wish he could get a few more quick outs.   Seems like he throws 4 pitches to every single batter.  It would be nice to see him be able to get the first pitch over then get some weak swing outs on the second pitch. 

I think that's pretty standard for any young pitcher with swing and miss stuff.  Lots of wasted effort in that he's getting a feel for what guys will swing at.  The thought process is probably that you've got to make a lot more perfect pitches to get major league hitter out.  

we have to keep in mind that he's essentially doing well with two effective pitches because the change up hasn't arrived yet.  Which makes his outings that much more impressive but also explains why third time through has been an issue for him so far.  As an example, if that fastball to Castellanos was a change that started in the same spot, it would have been a swing and miss.