• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who gets sent down when Ohtani is activated?

I would like a double move to happen here. 

Bour DFA'd, Thaiss or Ward to remain. Ward can play 3B, 1B and LF. Thaiss can play 1B and 3B. 

I'm just done with Bour. He's only good for one thing and that's hitting HR's, which he's not really doing for us. He may take an occasional walk, but he's both slow on the bases and dumb. 

while i don't disagree with the sentiments about bour, i think they'll give him a longer leash to try and correct things.

i think rengifo goes back to salt lake. i think bourjos is here only until upton comes back.

Just now, Tank said:

while i don't disagree with the sentiments about bour, i think they'll give him a longer leash to try and correct things.

i think rengifo goes back to salt lake. i think bourjos is here only until upton comes back.

Hermosilla really missed a great opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Not sure how much longer they want to experiment with Stratton but, you'd think it's come close to running its course.

I'm good with DFA'ing him now.   He has never proven that he can pitch at this level.

In 2018, while pitching half of the time in an extreme pitchers' park (S.F.), he still had a 5.09 ERA and 1.42 WHIP as a starter.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Not sure how much longer they want to experiment with Stratton but, you'd think it's come close to running its course.

Yeah, I think his 2018 showing and what he's done so far in '19 tell the entire story. It looks like his 2017 season was more of a fluke. 

Can't blame Eppler for trying to trade a reliever for a guy who could rediscover that '17 season, but enough is enough. This guy hasn't shown me a damn thing on the mound. 

Stratton's .344 BAA and 2.08 WHIP is enough to make one vomit. Oh and HOLY HELL, I cannot believe Cahill (known for being a groundball pitcher) has given up 12 HR's. Looks like Doug White's spin rate coaching isn't that great. The only thing spinning is that baseball screaming over the fence and into the stands after Cahill delivers it.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 4.15.12 PM.png

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, I think his 2018 showing and what he's done so far in '19 tell the entire story. It looks like his 2017 season was more of a fluke. 

Can't blame Eppler for trying to trade a reliever for a guy who could rediscover that '17 season, but enough is enough. This guy hasn't shown me a damn thing on the mound. 

Stratton's .344 BAA and 2.08 WHIP is enough to make one vomit. Oh and HOLY HELL, I cannot believe Cahill (known for being a groundball pitcher) has given up 12 HR's. Looks like Doug White's spin rate coaching isn't that great. The only thing spinning is that baseball screaming over the fence and into the stands after Cahill delivers it.

Yes I di blame Eppler on this one.  We didnt need Stratton. we had Barria.  We gave up a prospect for a starter we did not need and screwed with s guys mind in Barria.  

28 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Pena can be a multi inning guy out of the bullpen.   What would Stratton's role be?  Mop up guy?  The way teams use relievers, I can't see keeping a guy like that around.   I hope they don't option Justin Anderson again.

^

3 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Hopefully Bour, he is useless.

Bour won’t be released since he has options but perhaps there’s a scenario where they option him and have La Stella play 1B one or two times a week when Pujols can’t. 

That does make the bench kinda difficult to maneuver for a long time, but they could do it just to give Bour a solid 2 weeks or something of everyday ABs at AAA. Then they can re-evaluate. 

Just now, Jeff Fletcher said:

Bour won’t be released since he has options but perhaps there’s a scenario where they option him and have La Stella play 1B one or two times a week when Pujols can’t. 

That does make the bench kinda difficult to maneuver for a long time, but they could do it just to give Bour a solid 2 weeks or something of everyday ABs at AAA. Then they can re-evaluate. 

This is what I'd be in favor of.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

My God.  Aside from Skaggs, these numbers are simply awful.  Not that I was expecting any better, but honestly I haven't looked at the season numbers yet because I knew they would be bad.  But tossing Skaggs out of this, these numbers are brutal 

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I would like a double move to happen here. 

Bour DFA'd, Thaiss or Ward to remain. Ward can play 3B, 1B and LF. Thaiss can play 1B and 3B. 

I'm just done with Bour. He's only good for one thing and that's hitting HR's, which he's not really doing for us. He may take an occasional walk, but he's both slow on the bases and dumb. 

Bour will be sent down when that time comes, he has an option left.  No reason to release a guy that is two years removed from a .900 OPS season.

3 hours ago, stormngt said:

Yes I di blame Eppler on this one.  We didnt need Stratton. we had Barria.  We gave up a prospect for a starter we did not need and screwed with s guys mind in Barria.  

Yes, we may not have needed Stratton but we needed another pitcher.  Remember we lost Skaggs AND Heaney.  So both Stratton and Barria were in the rotation at the same time.