• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who gets sent down when Ohtani is activated?

5 minutes ago, RBM said:

FACT: Barria started the season in AAA because Eppler chose Stratton over Barria.

Actually, Eppler would tell you that he is responsible for the entire organization, not just the 25 guys in the majors on a given day.

He chose Stratton AND Barría.

The only way to have both was for Barría to be in AAA. 

Today it’s different than it was then. Today Stratton can probably clear waivers, and even if he doesn’t he now can be replaced by Tropeano or Suarez (neither of whom was healthy when Stratton was acquired).

Healthy starters they day they got Stratton: Cahill, Harvey, Skaggs, Peña, Barría | Peters, Canning

Healthy starters today: Cahill, Harvey, Skaggs, Peña, Canning | Stratton, Barría, Tropeano, Suarez, Peters

Plus, today Heaney is maybe 3 weeks away and JC maybe 6 weeks away, as opposed to 9 and 12.

37 minutes ago, RBM said:

Full of shit? Really? 

FACT: Barria started the season in AAA because Eppler chose Stratton over Barria. The rotation was Cahill, Harvey, Pena, Skaggs, Stratton in that order for the first 15 games of the season.  This was Eppler’s decision. 

FACT: Barria got his first start of the season the 4th time through the rotation replacing Skaggs who was hurt. Skaggs missed two starts and replaced Stratton in the rotation when he returned. 

FACT: Stratton was going to be in the rotation once Eppler traded for him because he is out of options. So the choice was whether or not to trade for Stratton. I still think it was worth the gamble. It hasn't worked out but it's not like Barria or Pena were clearly better choices than Stratton to start the season. I laid out the actual timeline on this thread because there was some misinformation out there.

I think our soon to be rotation of Skaggs, Heaney, Canning, Harvey and Pena/Barria/Cahill or...should be better than what we've seen so far. Next year with Ohtani back and a FA addition or a trade we could have a great rotation.

•  

It wasnt a matter of choosing one over the other, one had options, the other did not.   I didnt like it any more than anyone else but thats the reality of it.  
WE are playing the option game to its limit this year, get used to it. 

6 minutes ago, RBM said:

I agree with using player options and even the IL if needed to expand and enhance the roster.

I do to a limit, when its an obvious abuse or sidestep of the principal of it not so much.   But its going to happen, teams will do whatever they can to do what they have to do. 

11 hours ago, RBM said:

@stormngt you are 100% correct here. It was Eppler’s choice to start the season with Stratton in the rotation and Barria in SLC. 

Stratton has been terrible so it’s reasonable to question Eppler’s decision. Barria has been pretty bad also. One good start and two really bad starts. 

if not mistaken Barria has only had one start, 3 appearances.

52 minutes ago, RBM said:

Yes, one traditional start on April 16 replacing Skaggs in the rotation. He had two other rotation turns with an opener - April 21 with Robles and April 27 with Bedrosian. He was optioned back to SLC on April 28 to make room for Canning to get his first MLB start.

not good a looking these up but how good was he with the opener?  I know his last outing was embarrassing.  I am just wondering that he maybe the type of guy that needs to start a game.

8 minutes ago, stormngt said:

not good a looking these up but how good was he with the opener?  I know his last outing was embarrassing.  I am just wondering that he maybe the type of guy that needs to start a game.

One good, one bad:

41D14848-E803-43B5-BE00-1C1BA7D1D45F.jpeg