• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why tf would Ausmus pinch hit Fletcher with La Stella?

10 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Fletcher rarely strikes out.  A hit and run scenario would have kept us  out of the double play.

And maybe LaStella is more likely to draw a walk against Gearrin which brings Trout to the plate with 2 runners on. You can ply this game all day long without knowing what Ausmus actually uses to make these choices

12 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

And maybe LaStella is more likely to draw a walk against Gearrin which brings Trout to the plate with 2 runners on. You can ply this game all day long without knowing what Ausmus actually uses to make these choices

Yes, everyone is a genius with hindsight.  Although I dont think its smart baseball to send a pitch hitter up there hoping to draw a walk.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

The biggest brain fart of the night was not pinch hitting La Stella for Bourjos while the bases were loaded.

I don't think anyone can defend that one. La Stella has 8 walks and a HR early on vs. lefties. Bourjos is complete garbage at the plate.

Ausmus said in the post game he did not consider the move because of the L/R matchup. Im not sure if he is over thinking or under thinking... We can defend his moves for days but if he is just going to base things on substitution position and batter pitcher handedness then we are going to see a lot more threads like this.

11 hours ago, stormngt said:

I dont think its smart baseball to send a pitch hitter up there hoping to draw a walk.

"Pitch hitter" implies he doesn't walk... now a pinch hitter might.

There's an opportunity here, but MLB would have to make a bold move to capitalize.

Managers should have to be live on social media during games to answer questions like this.  That would really bring more fans into the game and broaden its appeal.  Interactive social media is the future of major league baseball.  It would improve the demographics for a younger audience. 

Yes, I'm kidding.

And for the record... I hated him pinch hitting for Fletcher.