• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels new Social Media person

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

I am going to say either Kelvin Wells or Jon Rasmussen is the social media person

I met someone from the Angels social media department over at Inland. He was covering O'Hoppe's rehab assignment. He joked he had spent so much time shooting Logan and getting soundbites that Logan will probably turn and run if he sees him again. Can't remember the guys name but he was very personable and I can see players being comfortable with him being around.

In the Tim Mead episode of the Angelswin podcasts he talks about how Angelswin really opened up the club to understanding the benefit of getting the minor leaguers some media attention, promoting their brand and also getting them used to taking interviews so when they do hit the majors they would be more comfortable in front of the camera.  

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I met someone from the Angels social media department over at Inland. He was covering O'Hoppe's rehab assignment. He joked he had spent so much time shooting Logan and getting soundbites that Logan will probably turn and run if he sees him again. Can't remember the guys name but he was very personable and I can see players being comfortable with him being around.

In the Tim Mead episode of the Angelswin podcasts he talks about how Angelswin really opened up the club to understanding the benefit of getting the minor leaguers some media attention, promoting their brand and also getting them used to taking interviews so when they do hit the majors they would be more comfortable in front of the camera.  

Incredible that they needed this site to teach them that!

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I thought he was just too cheap and lazy, turns out he's actually just a huge moron... I suppose we shouldn't be surprised since it's practically in his name.

Most billionaires are cheap, lazy, and huge morons.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I doubt Arte got where he is by being lazy... more than likely his hands on nature probably did wonders in the billboard business. Unfortunately baseball is not billboards.

I'm sure he worked very hard at a certain point in his life. Got some lucky breaks, some good timing, etc. and now he thinks he's a genius who can run a professional sports team.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Incredible that they needed this site to teach them that!

52 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Just shows how poorly Arte is running the ship, needing AW to do this smh

If you look back to when Chuck started doing minor league reports and interviews of prospects, no ball club was involved in social media simply because most of it didn't exist. No Twitter or Instagram, there were independent sites like this but all MLB had going was it's fan message board with literally no support or moderation. 

Mead kinda broke ground putting some guys from a fan site in the press box and giving them field credentials for both minor and the major league clubs. Clubs as in he even got press passes for out of town games.

So if Mead is doing this it was with Carpino and Moreno's blessing. That eventually lead to Arte speaking at the Angelswin Spring Training fanfest and opened the doors to some great events. We pretty much were the first in a lot of categories interacting with the big club. They saw the advantages and upped their game but many teams lagged behind the Angels in social media exposure. 

Not everything Moreno is bad.