• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels new Social Media person

I just wish they’d stop with the LTBU nonsense and being over the top when they’ve had a shitty season. 

I don’t care that someone has hit two bombs when they’ve had a sub .500 record in the summer.  

there are other ways to manage media and marketing to storytell and get your fans invested in the team and its players without hyperbole and goofiness. 

I’d rather hear a Reel with the textiles guy than see some stupid in game circle jerk post when they are 15 games out of the wild card.  

and chuckle chuckle at Taylor’s billionaires are lazy comment.  

Just now, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

I just wish they’d stop with the LTBU nonsense and being over the top when they’ve had a shitty season. 

I don’t care that someone has hit two bombs when they’ve had a sub .500 record in the summer.  

there are other ways to manage media and marketing to storytell and get your fans invested in the team and its players without hyperbole and goofiness. 

I’d rather hear a Reel with the textiles guy than see some stupid in game circle jerk post when they are 15 games out of the wild card.  

and chuckle chuckle at Taylor’s billionaires are lazy comment.  

Sorry but that is stupid. So if they are out of it they should announce like they are depressed?  That’s incredibly stupid. 

Did i say announce like they are depressed?

Your obsession with my comments and the way you distort them are mind boggling Scott.  

what I said was we don’t need all the hyperbole.  

you can get people invested in the players without all of the slap and tickle and actually build a connection or excitement about them without creating a Canva when they hit a home run. 

Tell me a story.  If I’m on your social channels, give me something interesting and not the same rah rah nonsense, especially when they are out of it.  

There are ways you can build fandom and loyalty without goofy posts.  Now is the time, when you don’t care if they win, to make that connection stronger, so you’re a fan even in the lean years.  

Edited by The Ghost of Bob Starr

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

If you look back to when Chuck started doing minor league reports and interviews of prospects, no ball club was involved in social media simply because most of it didn't exist. No Twitter or Instagram, there were independent sites like this but all MLB had going was it's fan message board with literally no support or moderation. 

Mead kinda broke ground putting some guys from a fan site in the press box and giving them field credentials for both minor and the major league clubs. Clubs as in he even got press passes for out of town games.

So if Mead is doing this it was with Carpino and Moreno's blessing. That eventually lead to Arte speaking at the Angelswin Spring Training fanfest and opened the doors to some great events. We pretty much were the first in a lot of categories interacting with the big club. They saw the advantages and upped their game but many teams lagged behind the Angels in social media exposure. 

Not everything Moreno is bad.

The Batboy was the first site covering the minors. That is probably why it took Mead so long to feel comfortable welcome what Chuck was doing here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2023 at 8:01 PM, greginpsca said:

The Batboy was the first site covering the minors. That is probably why it took Mead so long to feel comfortable welcome what Chuck was doing here.

yep, back in the lake elsinore days.

• 3 weeks later...