• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019-2020 Los Angeles Kings Thread

Thomas

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Might be a blessing if you don't get Todd Maclellan.  I mean, with all that talent on the Oilers, and they still suck.  Plus a 5 year contract is insane for someone that doesn't have a track record.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

If they hire MacLellan, than Rob Blake is truly not GM material and is then making Dave Taylor look like Dean Lombardi.

I would then be scared at who Blake took with that lottery pick.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

those are exactly the arguments i would have used.

major PASS on this guy. he's done nothing of note.

The Oilers problem isn't with the coaching...  They are just the scapegoats for the bigger issue  Maclellan is a hell of a coach. Got upper management who can't assemble a whole team and players (not name McDavid) who think the league is just a big party.  Maclellan would have been a nice pick up but really the team just needs a teacher without an ego who can teach the kids during this rebuild and keep morale from cratering. 

42 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I am scared that the NHL rigged the lottery for NY/NJ teams.

Rob Blake will screw up the 5th pick royally!

R.I.P. Kings as an NHL force.

You guys definitely will have to do a lot of homework with that pick. Top 3 are a given. 4th will be top defenseman. 5th is where you have a choice between like 6 players. 

52 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

You guys definitely will have to do a lot of homework with that pick. Top 3 are a given. 4th will be top defenseman. 5th is where you have a choice between like 6 players. 

The Avs have Makar about to sign his ELC and will have Connor Timmons coming off his concussion issues so I think they may skip the D-man and go after Dach or Turcotte. They need top 6 level forwards

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I am scared that the NHL rigged the lottery for NY/NJ teams.

Rob Blake will screw up the 5th pick royally!

R.I.P. Kings as an NHL force.

If it makes you feel better, the Kings will have a great chance at the #1 pick again next April.

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I still say it's a mistake.  Especially the 5 year part.  2 + 1, ok, might be worth the gamble.  But 5?  

The team is going to suck for multiple seasons regardless of coaching. You aren't going to get a decent coach without paying in advance for years 3-5. I'm just surprised he didn't take the Buffalo job. They are already well into respectability. 

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The team is going to suck for multiple seasons regardless of coaching. You aren't going to get a decent coach without paying in advance for years 3-5. I'm just surprised he didn't take the Buffalo job. They are already well into respectability. 

I just don't buy it.  Quenville, 5 years for a 3 time stanley cup champion I can see.  McLellan, made his mark with San Jose.  Made the playoffs 7 out of 10 years.  And never made the finals.  That sounds a lot like the fatty the Ducks jettisoned 2 years ago.  And he wasn't very good.  

• Thomas pinned this topic
14 hours ago, Tank said:

so anything official yet?

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Here is another name that the Kings probably should look at.  Although I might agree on the overrated part.  But I think better than McLellan.

NHL Rumors: Toronto Maple Leafs – Nazem Kadri And Mike Babcock’s Future In Doubt?

Even though the Leafs are playing as well as they have in many years, since at least the early 2000s?

On 4/15/2019 at 11:41 AM, gotbeer said:

Here is another name that the Kings probably should look at.  Although I might agree on the overrated part.  But I think better than McLellan.

NHL Rumors: Toronto Maple Leafs – Nazem Kadri And Mike Babcock’s Future In Doubt?

The Kings couldn't overpay Babcock enough to tackle this dumpster fire.

On 4/15/2019 at 12:51 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Even though the Leafs are playing as well as they have in many years, since at least the early 2000s?

Supposed tension between Babcock and the Toronto GM. But swallowing the four remaining years on the contract would be difficult, even for Toronto.
https://www.nhl.com/news/toronto-maple-leafs-coach-mike-babcock-says-no-rift-with-gm-kyle-dubas/c-306044320

• 1 month later...

Toronto is up against the cap and need to get Marner signed. I’ve heard on a podcast that the Avs and Kings are among teams willing to work out a deal to take on 2 years of Patrick Marleau in order to facilitate a deal for a middle sixer like Kapri or Kapanen. Zaitzev also asked to be traded and will be accommodated. So, Kings fans, is the possibility of nabbing some cheap young talent from Toronto enough to allow you to stomach seeing Mr. Shark in a Kings sweater?