• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How long is the leash?

Disclaimer:

I know it’s early. This question is assuming it stays like this. 

With Bour hitting .091, Cozart hitting .043 and Pujols hitting .227, how long until we see Ward and Thaiss come up? With Ohtani coming back in April, what will happen?

Again, it’s way to early to speculate but let’s assume their production stays below the Mendoza Line. 

Cozart is 1/23.  

La Stella blows

Goodwin sucks

Bour is a mess

Harvey threw a middle middle fastball to Gallo.  He makes dumb mistakes but has good stuff.  He 's basically Richards

Lucroy called that pitch and frankly, his framing has been meh.  

this team is an absolute dumpster fire.  I'd rather watch Ward, Thaiss, Rengifo.  

8 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I really wonder what would happen with Pujols and his ego if Ausmus made him ride the bench 4-5 times a week...would he demand some sort of buy out? Request a trade LOL? 

how does Ausmus justify benching Albert when there are 5 other players in the lineup who are just as bad or worse?

20 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

how does Ausmus justify benching Albert when there are 5 other players in the lineup who are just as bad or worse?

Valid point. I'm just curious to see how he would react to it. I wonder if his ego and his hunger to still play the game would take over or if he would take it graciously and continue to coach the team and offer support. I think it would be the latter. 

I get that we're primed for the future and that's a good thing. Yay next year and beyond. That doesn't make this team easier to watch right now. Bour, La Stella, Bourjos, and Cozart are fucking awful. Pujols is what we expected. The starting pitching is questionable at best. 

There's no joy in watching them right now, other than Trout. 

It's too bad Jason Bourne wasn't available instead of the other guy with a similar name.

And the 2011 version of Peter Bourjos was pretty good. This one, not so much.

Cozart? Well, the less we see of him the better, but he has to play because he's making a lot of money, or something like that. 

LaStella??? Mystery why he's in there night after night. 

Pujols. Keep looking at those career numbers, folks!

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Cozart is 1/23.  

La Stella blows

Goodwin sucks

Bour is a mess

Harvey threw a middle middle fastball to Gallo.  He makes dumb mistakes but has good stuff.  He 's basically Richards

Lucroy called that pitch and frankly, his framing has been meh.  

this team is an absolute dumpster fire.  I'd rather watch Ward, Thaiss, Rengifo.  

I’ve made the Harvey = Richards comparison since day one. He’s going to frustrate a lot of people this season 

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

The answer is not a damn thing will or should be done until the end of May at the very earliest.  

Normally this is true but you just get the feeling some of these guys are longshots to turn it around. Cozart hasn’t performed at all since he put on an Angels uniform. Pujols has sucked 3 years in a row. La Stella has been replacement level his whole career (I’m aware of his OBP). Lucroy is on a sharp decline but might be okay as a backup catcher(certainly not a starter anymore). Bourjos should not be on a big league roster for reasons that are incredibly obvious.

The one guy I think deserves some slack is Bour. He was a respectable hitter last year. There’s no reason to give up on him after 20 bad at bats

30 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Normally this is true but you just get the feeling some of these guys are longshots to turn it around. Cozart hasn’t performed at all since he put on an Angels uniform. Pujols has sucked 3 years in a row. La Stella has been replacement level his whole career (I’m aware of his OBP). Lucroy is on a sharp decline but might be okay as a backup catcher(certainly not a starter anymore). Bourjos should not be on a big league roster for reasons that are incredibly obvious.

The one guy I think deserves some slack is Bour. He was a respectable hitter last year. There’s no reason to give up on him after 20 bad at bats

Have you seen Bour's approach change over those 20 bad at bats?  I am not good enough to recognize any difference.

Just as a general answer to all the above.  June.  Lots of hitters endure rough stretches, particularly in April when it hasn't warmed up yet.  And because of the struggle, they might be in their own heads in May trying to force something to work.  But come June 15th, if we're 2.5 months into the season and a player still hasn't started piecing it together, then they'll talk about making changes. 

An example of this would be Kole Calhoun last year.  Sucked in April, sucked in May, sucked in June and then he went down with a phantom injury so he could go to Arizona to try and fix his swing. 

The Angels aren't going to abandon Albert, but might create a phantom injury with Cozart if that happened.  They aren't tied to Bour pretty much at all, so if June rolls around and he's still not hitting they'll just release him. 

2 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I will be ecstatic If Pujols put up the same offensive numbers as the last two years with a 340 on base percentage (what he has now).