• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols back at cleanup 4/2 Gameday thread 7:10 PM

why sign Trout to that huge 12 year extension if we are going to continue to bat Pujols FOURTH.??

HUH?

Tonight's game -- first and third down one run in the top of the ninth. Trout at third because of his base running ability/ instinct on that base hit up the middle.

Pujols up next. ALL WE NEED IS A FLY BALL TO TIE THE GAME UP.  Trout at third with the tying run.

Pujols STRIKE THREE,

I guess we should be grateful that he did not hit into a game ending GIDP.

If Lucroy hit fourth (not suggesting he should) that ground ball that ends the game instead scores Trout from third.

These are the games that hurt,

1 minute ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

Who knew that signing Trout was gonna be the highlight of the season?

Me. Thought this team was around a .500 win ballclub that you cross your fingers and hope for some surprise performances to hopefully get them to 85 or so wins, but once the timetable on Ohtani/Upton were known and Heaney's injury happened, that pretty much cemented things for me. There was just such little margin for error with this club

I do think that this is the last transition type year where they are in this holding pattern with regards to their roster. No more placeholders on 1yr deals but rather long-term solutions as they gear up to contend with the big boys in the AL

Cozart and Bourjos aren't major league players.  Neither are Smith and Pujols. Calhoun is average if were lucky. 

This team will be on pace to lose 95+ games until Upton and Ohtani back. Frankly, the talent level of the roster is absolutely pathetic. They have no depth whatsoever. You've got 3-4 guys in the lineup each game that shouldn't be on a big league roster, let alone filling in every day when someone gets injured. 

That Cozart deal is a really bad one. Replacement level dude making starting 2B/3B money for 3 years. Brutal.

It's a throwaway year for sure and 88-90 losses is not out of the question, unfortunately

9 hours ago, disarcina said:

why sign Trout to that huge 12 year extension if we are going to continue to bat Pujols FOURTH.??

HUH?

Tonight's game -- first and third down one run in the top of the ninth. Trout at third because of his base running ability/ instinct on that base hit up the middle.

Pujols up next. ALL WE NEED IS A FLY BALL TO TIE THE GAME UP.  Trout at third with the tying run.

Pujols STRIKE THREE,

I guess we should be grateful that he did not hit into a game ending GIDP.

If Lucroy hit fourth (not suggesting he should) that ground ball that ends the game instead scores Trout from third.

These are the games that hurt,

That AB killed us.