• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels in on Moose

19HALO71

3 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

You’re right ... not sure what they were thinking putting their name on the list of potential suitors.

2016 27 Kansas City Royals $5,600,000 4.111    
2017 28 Kansas City Royals $8,700,000 5.111 contracts  
2018 29 Milwaukee Brewers $5,500,000 6.111    
2019 30 Milwaukee Brewers $1,000,000   Buyout of contract option

The team that re-signed bought him out to avoid paying him a 15 mil option year...   

Two years, 30 MLB teams -- nobody willing to go more than one year or 10 mil.   Should tell you all you need to know about his real value.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:
2016 27 Kansas City Royals $5,600,000 4.111    
2017 28 Kansas City Royals $8,700,000 5.111 contracts  
2018 29 Milwaukee Brewers $5,500,000 6.111    
2019 30 Milwaukee Brewers $1,000,000   Buyout of contract option

The team that re-signed bought him out to avoid paying him a 15 mil option year...   

Two years, 30 MLB teams -- nobody willing to go more than one year or 10 mil.   Should tell you all you need to know about his real value.

2.5 WAR for 5.5(+1) mil. How was he a bad deal?

Just now, WeatherWonk said:

2.5 WAR for 5.5(+1) mil. How was he a bad deal?

Reading is fundamental.   

Show me where I said anything about it being a bad deal?  I pointed out that in the two years he's been a FA nobody has been willing to go more than one year or 10 mil, and that the entirety of MLB's unwillingness to do better than that should give a person some insight into what his value is. 

Not sure how much clearer I can make it.

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Reading is fundamental.   

Show me where I said anything about it being a bad deal?  I pointed out that in the two years he's been a FA nobody has been willing to go more than one year or 10 mil, and that the entirety of MLB's unwillingness to do better than that should give a person some insight into what his value is. 

Not sure how much clearer I can make it.

5.5 mil for 2.5 WAR is REAL VALUE. Your last statement makes it sound like he isnt REAL VALUE, because he's never been offered more than 10 mil for one year in the past two years.

How much did the Angels pay for less than 2.5 WAR at third base last year?

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Scott Boras really screwed Moustakas. Last year he had him turn down the $17.4 M QO. Then he had him hesitate/turn down the Angels offer of 3 year/$45 M. Moustakas ends up signing last year for 1/$5.5 M and this year for 1/$10 M. 

Boras misread the market for sure but ultimately the players screwed themselves.  They watched MLB teams evolving and going deeper and deeper into analytics while simultaneously believing it would be business as usual when it would come to FA.  Teams were tanking left and right, they sold out on the draft to try to get more money for themselves, then did the same thing with international players but hey -- they got chefs for the post game spread.  The arrogance and ignorance is amazing.

Also all those sportswriters that mocked teams for making expensive mistakes and all those sites that repeatedly called teams out for being old school or behind the times likewise helped create this situation where nobody wants to be stupid and everyone toes the line salary wise..   Not to mention the heaping of praise for those teams that tanked their way to the top.

14 minutes ago, RBM said:

Scott Boras really screwed Moustakas. Last year he had him turn down the $17.4 M QO. Then he had him hesitate/turn down the Angels offer of 3 year/$45 M. Moustakas ends up signing last year for 1/$5.5 M and this year for 1/$10 M. 

The Angels never offered that. 

13 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

5.5 mil for 2.5 WAR is REAL VALUE. Your last statement makes it sound like he isnt REAL VALUE, because he's never been offered more than 10 mil for one year in the past two years.

When all you do is look for negatives you can't help but see them in everything -- that's on you, should probably get some help for that.   

13 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

How much did the Angels pay for less than 2.5 WAR at third base last year?

LOL..  This is the real reason you're still on this isn't it?  I didn't take the bait the first time so you wanted to try again..    So, let's cut the BS, you want to make the Angels out to be foolish for having signed Cozart -- I agree, they fucked up..  They bought into Cozart's swing change and defensive value (then moved him to 3B) -- he sucked, then he got hurt and it didn't work out, maybe it never will.... maybe that makes you happy, I dunno but it annoys me to no end.  Hopefully they learn from it.

Cozart wasn't one of the guys I was pushing for them to sign last year, I also wanted no part of Moustakas at the numbers people here were talking about.  

So, all that being said -- no amount of spin, whataboutism etc etc is going to change the fact that nobody in MLB sees much value in a low OBP corner IFer, if you doubt that look no further than the non tendered list this winter.

Edited by Inside Pitch