• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is anyone else rooting for the SD Padres?

Chuck

13 minutes ago, ettin said:

Just like Highlander, @Chuckster70, there can be only one!

Pick a side MF'er!!!! :dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon: ?????

Do I get a fan demerit if I like wearing my SD Padres hat over my old rusty red Angels hat? I definitely need a new Halos cap. Probably going to get the old California Angels hat as I'm not a big fan of the all red caps.

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Do I get a fan demerit if I like wearing my SD Padres hat over my old rusty red Angels hat? I definitely need a new Halos cap. Probably going to get the old California Angels hat as I'm not a big fan of the all red caps.

If I had a way to pluck Luis Urias from the Pad's and Willans Astudillo from the Twins I'd do it. :D

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

You just can't be a Left Twix AND a Right Twix guy Chuck! :dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon:

34 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I remember you getting your first fan demerit when you weren’t wearing Angel gear in Seattle when Rex and Phys showed you and pointed you out on tv.  You deserved that demerit.  

I'd love for the Padres to become the powerhouse of the NL west.  I just hope they don't jump the gun and trade away prospects for a guy like Realmuto unless they can keep him long term.  But they've got the redundancy to get him.  

Harper or Machado actually make a lot of sense for them if either is willing to wait a couple of years for the farm to show what they're made of.  

Rebuilding teams should use the James Shields technique more often.  It wasn't the intent, obviously, to sign him and then trade him away, but it worked out well.  

This could be something that a new CBA could address by forcing a minimum payroll.  For instance, Baltimore has money as a franchise.  The could work a deal with someone like Keuchel where he's not getting what he wants from other clubs so they sign him for like 5/100 and pay him like 35m in the first year to satisfy the cap minimum.  Then he's got 4/65 left on his deal which would make him very tradeable.  You could be upfront with the player who get the $$$ they're looking for and then gets to go to a contender a year (or less than that) later.  They could turn him into a couple of top prospects that could hasten the rebuild.  It doesn't even need to be that dramatic of a player.  Even someone like Moustakas where a 3/30 deal turns into 2/10 the following year.  You'd think that could net you some decent prospects.  

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I remember you getting your first fan demerit when you weren’t wearing Angel gear in Seattle when Rex and Phys showed you and pointed you out on tv.  You deserved that demerit.  

I definitely deserve that demerit. I do rep the Halos quite often here in Seattle & abroad though, whether it's a hoodie, shirt, tank top or jersey, and sometimes my old crusty Angels hat. 

Here's @Blarg and I way back when. This was pre-gym rat Chuck days when I used to drink all of the Pacific Northwest beer. (turn up the volume). 

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

The Astros were that for me before MLB inexplicably moved them to the AL. Haven’t quite found an NL team yet that sparks my interest enough but San Diego has been a contender, as have Arizona and Milwaukee.

For me, it's a proximity and city thing. They're as close to the Angels as you can get without being a Dodger. That and the city of San Diego is one of the most wonderful places on earth. Petco Park is my favorite stadium, and not by a little. It makes you realize just how much more personality that team has than the Angels. Petco Park and it's adjacent areas perfectly reflect the San Diego lifestyle. But there little or nothing that reflects any sort of culture or lifestyle in or around Angel Stadium. 

It isn't an experience, its just a place where they play baseball, 

San Diego Padres deserve to win, and I sincerely hope they meet the Angels in many Wolrd Series in 2020 and beyond. 

Yes, I really like the Chargers, it's a shame they moved to Los Angel....ohh........

Here's @Chuckster70 wearing a Padres hat, and Archie, who is aware of this treason by our beloved AW founder and is nowhere near him. I vote Archie for new AW.com founder. ???

Capture.PNG

In all seriousness I have a soft-spot for the Padres, and have always rooted for them in the NL.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:23 PM, floplag said:

I dont recall them making any wow moves, yeah i think for 15 they got Upton and Kemp but that only lasted one season, i dont think that was trying to actually build anything.  Perhaps im mistaken I dont really know much about them but the following year Myers led them in virtually every offensive category.  

They dropped coin on James Shields also....