• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

54 minutes ago, wopphil said:

It’s as much his as it is Biden’s. Trump, in fact, dumped far more government money into the economy than has Biden  (and therefore arguable deserves more blame for inflation, right?). 

Link?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump and Biden and both signed off on massive budget deficits. Our last surplus was in 1999 and 2000. Since then we have had two Republicans and Democrat presidents. Both parties have controlled the House, Senate and the White House at some point in the last twenty four years and each year has had a deficit to add to the overall debt. I really just don't see a difference anymore. 

On 4/7/2024 at 4:21 PM, Jay said:

Buying dog food today. I buy it online from Chewy so for fun I looked at previous orders to see what I used to pay.

In January 2022 a bag of dog food was $59.99, today it's $75.99, an increase of 27%.

Thanks Joe!

main-qimg-64247f11b25e6db4ce1b0b2a8275f0

I saw this tweet with a recording of Biden speaking to the president of Chewy and encouraging him to jack up the prices of your Chihuahua's kibbles:

37 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Trump and Biden and both signed off on massive budget deficits. Our last surplus was in 1999 and 2000. Since then we have had two Republicans and Democrat presidents. Both parties have controlled the House, Senate and the White House at some point in the last twenty four years and each year has had a deficit to add to the overall debt. I really just don't see a difference anymore. 

I'm just glad that corporations put their customers first and would never artificially jack up prices to increase their profit margins.

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm just glad that corporations put their customers first and would never artificially jack up prices to increase their profit margins.

Corporations compete with other corporations forcing them to sell their products at market value. I know this is 3rd grade basics but try to keep up.

47 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The 99/00 surplus didn't even happen if you count unfunded liabilities.

More Trump's fault.

Consumer prices rose 3.5% from a year ago in March, more than expected

The consumer price index accelerated at a faster-than-expected pace in March, pushing inflation higher and likely dashing hopes that the Federal Reserve will be able to cut interest rates anytime soon.

The CPI, a broad measure of goods and services costs across the economy, rose 0.4% for the month, putting the 12-month inflation rate at 3.5%, or 0.3 percentage point higher than in February, the Labor Department’s Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Wednesday. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for a 0.3% gain and a 3.4% year-over-year level.

Excluding volatile food and energy components, core CPI also accelerated 0.4% on a monthly basis while rising 3.8% from a year ago, compared with respective estimates for 0.3% and 3.7%.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/10/cpi-inflation-march-2024-consumer-prices-rose-3point5percent-from-a-year-ago-in-march.html

7 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Corporations compete with other corporations forcing them to sell their products at market value. I know this is 3rd grade basics but try to keep up.

So you'd think Chewy, PetCo, and PetSmart would be competing with one another, and that there would be price disparities between the same products at all places.

The food we buy for our cats is exactly $58.99 for 15 pound bag at all three stores. 

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So you'd think Chewy, PetCo, and PetSmart would be competing with one another, and that there would be price disparities between the same products at all places.

The food we buy for our cats is exactly $58.99 for 15 pound bag at all three stores. 

Almost as if that is the market value of that product. Fascinating.

4 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Almost as if that is the market value of that product. Fascinating.

Weird thought that these "competitors" aren't trying to win customers by, you know, competing. 

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If everyone can get away with raising prices then you get a new market rate price.

Once my cat's food hit $60 a bag I let them all starve. I explained to them, the market is cruel. I think they understood.

We own dogs because they are worth feeding. 

On 4/10/2024 at 11:32 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

If everyone can get away with raising prices then you get a new market rate price.

Once my cat's food hit $60 a bag I let them all starve. I explained to them, the market is cruel. I think they understood.

The $60 bag lasts two months for two cats. So it costs $30 per month to feed them.

Joe is fucking crazy if he thinks he’ll be able to rally public support for a conflict with Iran.  All these evil fucks have wanted it for so long.  Here we are again on the edge of it.  Israel started it.  It’s not the American tax payers problem to bail them out.  It’s not American soldiers responsibility to die for the Israeli states psychotic irresponsibly.  Bombing the Iranian embassy in Damascus was an insane provocation and the Israelis expect the US to guard them against retaliation.  If the Iranians retaliate - as any person would brain should expect - it’s time for them to deal with it themselves.  If Joe Biden gets the US into another major war over this he’s fucking cooked.  No person - left, right, center - whatever, of good conscience should abide this insanity. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

16 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Joe is fucking crazy if he thinks he’ll be able to rally public support for a conflict with Iran.  All these evil fucks have wanted it for so long.  Here we are again on the edge of it.  Israel started it.  It’s not the American tax payers problem to bail them out.  It’s not American soldiers responsibility to die for the Israeli states psychotic irresponsibly.  Bombing the Iranian embassy in Damascus was an insane provocation that the Israelis expect the US to guard them against retaliation.  If the Iranians retaliate - as any person would brain should expect - it’s time for them to deal with it themselves.  If Joe Biden gets the US into another major war over this he’s fucking cooked.  No person - left, right, center - whatever of good conscience should abide this insanity. 

I agree. 

Biden was allegedly skeptical of any troop surges for Afghanistan after he became Vice President in 2009 and I don't think his heart was behind that war anymore minus more limited counter terrorism missions. He seemed to understand how futile Afghanistan was.

So I would hope that Joe would not allow the U.S. to get entangled with Iran. Jokes aside about Biden and his mind, I have no idea how different 2009 Joe Biden is from 2024. 

27 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Joe is fucking crazy if he thinks he’ll be able to rally public support for a conflict with Iran.  All these evil fucks have wanted it for so long.  Here we are again on the edge of it.  Israel started it.  It’s not the American tax payers problem to bail them out.  It’s not American soldiers responsibility to die for the Israeli states psychotic irresponsibly.  Bombing the Iranian embassy in Damascus was an insane provocation that the Israelis expect the US to guard them against retaliation.  If the Iranians retaliate - as any person would brain should expect - it’s time for them to deal with it themselves.  If Joe Biden gets the US into another major war over this he’s fucking cooked.  No person - left, right, center - whatever of good conscience should abide this insanity. 

You are not wrong.