• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Carter was before my time but I’ll assume he was solid mentally but probably had some shitty policies 

He wasn’t Joe Biden senile for sure. He was certainly the dumbest of the recent group. That’s saying something considering the field has two Bushes and Obama

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, this is going to be brutal if passed.  Go Biden!

Initially, the proposal would have applied to any account with at least $600 in total annual cash flows, but that's now been narrowed in response to opposition from Republicans and banks.

Under the revised proposal, banks would have to report only on accounts with at least $10,000 in annual deposits or withdrawals, not counting deposits from paychecks or government benefits.

That was brought up in another thread but the big lie is they are going after the big money tax cheats. Like billionaires are shuffling money at $600 at a time to skirt taxes. No, this is targeting all the way down to cash and carry gardeners, the bottom of the economic barrel. Their new proposal to raise it to $10k still doesn't target the rich, only the middle class that sells an old car or boat. It's fucking evil. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

That was brought up in another thread but the big lie is they are going after the big money tax cheats. Like billionaires are shuffling money at $600 at a time to skirt taxes. No, this is targeting all the way down to cash and carry gardeners, the bottom of the economic barrel. Their new proposal to raise it to $10k still doesn't target the rich, only the middle class that sells an old car or boat. It's fucking evil. 

it's worse than that.  If you have two bank accounts.  And shuffle money between them, you can hit that $10k fast.  $10k in deposits or withdrawals is pretty much 2 property tax payments.  

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

This will be just as bad for middle class people

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tax-on-billionaires-unrealized-gains-will-likely-be-in-budget-package-democrats-say-11635096384

It is all targeting below Upper class incomes because that is really where all of the money is. Regardless of how many billionaires there are they don't scratch the surface of the money easy to grift off of wage earners because they have no sheltering. The total personal income last year was, ready for this, about $17.6 trillion. All of the median income people combined put the billionaires to shame so that is where congress is targeting all laws, to the largest pile of coin out there. The unprotected coin of the wage earners.

But, even if you would find a way to stick all of the billionaires and multimillionaires with the full extent of their taxable income it doesn't scratch the surface of nabbing 2% more from the middle class. Welcome to true income inequality and what congress is always aiming at. You want your free shit, you will foot the bill yourselves and corporations will fund a museum or two. 

22 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It is all targeting below Upper class incomes because that is really where all of the money is. Regardless of how many billionaires there are they don't scratch the surface of the money easy to grift off of wage earners because they have no sheltering. The total personal income last year was, ready for this, about $17.6 trillion. All of the median income people combined put the billionaires to shame so that is where congress is targeting all laws, to the largest pile of coin out there. The unprotected coin of the wage earners.

But, even if you would find a way to stick all of the billionaires and multimillionaires with the full extent of their taxable income it doesn't scratch the surface of nabbing 2% more from the middle class. Welcome to true income inequality and what congress is always aiming at. You want your free shit, you will foot the bill yourselves and corporations will fund a museum or two. 

Most new production taxes target the super rich first but always expand to include the middle class. 

Home appreciation is an unrealized capital gain. 

still seems like they should have to have a warrant to take a look at our finances.

this is all intrusive beyond what gov't should be doing. it should all be illegal.

if they really want to tax the billionaires more effectively, they need to close the tax loopholes that the wealthy exploit.

58 minutes ago, Adam said:

Most new production taxes target the super rich first but always expand to include the middle class. 

Home appreciation is an unrealized capital gain. 

Exactly this. A tax on unrealized gains might be, to borrow UTH's term, the most dog brained thing to ever be conceived. It's just a tax on increased property value.

Of course, since it's a dem thing, @Taylor I'm guessing is in full support.

Everything is dumb as fuck so I say this with a little bit of reservation.  All the same I’ll say it.  I sincerely doubt that we’ll see a tax on the unrealized appreciation of say a principle residence.  

if we’re talking about a billionaires massive holdings in securities.  I don’t give a shit if they tax unrealized gains.  I don’t care. 

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Everything is dumb as fuck so I say this with a little bit of reservation.  All the same I’ll say it.  I sincerely doubt that we’ll see a tax on the unrealized appreciation of say a principle residence.  

if we’re talking about a billionaires massive holdings in securities.  I don’t give a shit if they tax unrealized gains.  I don’t care. 

I don't think most people do. They won't tax what they can't collect. I can't afford an additional $20K a year in federal property taxes and I doubt most people in my income bracket could

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I don't think most people do. They won't tax what they can't collect. I can't afford an additional $20K a year in federal property taxes and I doubt most people in my income bracket could

It doesn’t even make sense.  That’s said, and thus my reservation.  I’m sure there’s McKinnsey consultant fucking freak at a think tank somewhere that could up with something.  

26 minutes ago, Adam said:

A lot of fixed-income people couldn't afford a tax on an unrealized gain in property value.