• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Shit. I thought you meant his vacation home in Dana Point two blocks from the beach. I've been here the entire time. 

What? I've never been invited to his vacation home.  Son of a b...

16 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Hopefully the infrastructure plan will fix things like actual infrastructure instead of things like Homelessness.

Cracked Memphis Bridge Remains Indefinitely Closed, Disrupting Supply Chain

And BTW, that crack looks like it's been there for a while.  So that routine inspections just found it is troubling.

Why can't it fix both?

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Yes. I asked the question. Who wants to be homeless?

People that don’t want to be told what to do and how to live their lives. No rent, taxes, utilities to pay, and can smoke meth whenever they want. Where I live there are a lot of services and housing options for them to get them off the streets but most (not all) decline to accept the housing. My department has a homeless service unit and it’s difficult to keep them housed or they just refuse any of those services. 

Edited by Toby Flenderson

Well that's unfortunate. But that's an anecdotal situation. That doesn't mean that's how it is everywhere.

There are certainly people who take advantage of the situation, but I'm going to guess the majority of homeless people don't want to be in that situation.

12 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Well that's unfortunate. But that's an anecdotal situation. That doesn't mean that's how it is everywhere.

There are certainly people who take advantage of the situation, but I'm going to guess the majority of homeless people don't want to be in that situation.

You are in NH.  Not in LA.  Most are perfectly happy being homeless and getting free shit to spend on drugs.

Studies have shown that over half of the homeless population has addiction issues with alcohol/drugs and about a third are dealing with mental illness.  When they go to clean up certain areas they give notice to the homeless population and give them options of where they can go.  Many of the people seem to relocate instead of getting help while others refuse to leave and end up getting arrested which is what happened locally a few weeks ago when they cleared out parks.  Most places that offer help don't allow alcohol or drug use so that's a deterrent to many of the homeless people.  I've mentioned before I know someone who runs a foundation that offers transitional housing to get people off the streets and keep them moving forward.  They've had families leave the properties because mom or dad can't kick their habit and rather than the other parent and children staying the entire family leaves to live on the street.  I wouldn't say people are necessarily happy being homeless but some can't or won't kick their habits and others really do just want to be left alone usually because of mental illness.