• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Then that’s fine.  That’s the way it goes.  I suspect that most of them will end up paying the worker more when they don’t hold 100% of the leverage. 

Ok, it's fine then. Glad you agree.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

And I love these ridiculous examples.  The tiny ice cream parlor when the owner literally can’t afford to pay 15 dollars an hour.  We should definitely make our labor policies based on these examples.  Fucking dumb.  Fucking dishonest. 

Who did that?

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

Wasn't bragging at all. Just stating a fact. 

Supply and demand. 

It kind of sounded like you were bragging. You got to wash the big trucks while the field Mexicans had to wash Kia Fortes. 

And like I’ve said before.  Not that anyone cares.  But there is reasonable negotiation here.  A guy that like cleans pools and wants some high school kid to help him.  That can be an exception.  There can be reasonable compromise on this.  But some family that owns a 4 or 5 shops and scream poor.  That’s bullshit.  Make your fucking business model work that doesn’t require you to treat the people who allow your enterprise to exist like your servants.  

58 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The labor/capital relationship in this country is so fucking tilted the last 40 years that these “owners” seriously think that some wrong is being done to them because finally and temporarily people have the slightest leverage against them.  Truly indecent.  

If you want help raise the wages of low income workers. you might start with cutting off the faucet of immigration. 

58 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You obviously have some issue that people aren’t completely held hostage to these shit jobs and fuck head owners that think they shouldn’t pay them anything.  You said it.  The worker has the right to decline to work if the pay isn’t sufficient.  Good.  Raise the pay.  Stop fucking crying on social media and get people back in your shop.  Other wise fuck off.  Do it yourself or close up. 

I have more of an issue with someone getting paid to do nothing. You think the shop owner is a dick. What about the woman sitting on her ass with 3 kids and making more money in welfare than a working adult 

Just now, Kotchman said:

I have more of an issue with someone getting paid to do nothing. You think the shop owner is a dick. What about the woman sitting on her ass with 3 kids and making more money in welfare than a working adult 

I can’t put into words how little interest I have in the dumb caricatures you dream up.      

54 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

And like I’ve said before.  Not that anyone cares.  But there is reasonable negotiation here.  A guy that like cleans pools and wants some high school kid to help him.  That can be an exception.  There can be reasonable compromise on this.  But some family that owns a 4 or 5 shops and scream poor.  That’s bullshit.  Make your fucking business model work that doesn’t require you to treat the people who allow your enterprise to exist like your servants.  

Have you ever done cost analysis for a small proprietorship and know for certain that the owners are not barely making ends meet at their current pay scale? Or is it all bullshit coming from you since you have no skin in the game?

4 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

There is a long list of things you can't put into words. Economics and business are near the top of that list

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Oh, we’ve got the business master here.  Eat shit dude.  

It was a pretty good burn UTH. You have to give him credit for that. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Have you ever done cost analysis for a small proprietorship and know for certain that the owners are not barely making ends meet at their current pay scale? Or is it all bullshit coming from you since you have no skin in the game?

Have you ? And as a matter of a fact I am quite familiar with p&l’s and small business tax returns.