• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Have you ? And as a matter of a fact I am quite familiar with p&l’s and small business tax returns.  

Yes. At a restaurant where a slight change in food costs has to be absorbed because printing all new menus was too costly. Shit you never think about like if a water heater goes out you have to shut down the restaurant until it is fixed. That is hours of receipts lost that will never be recovered. Cash flow is one of the only survival methods of paying one vendor while putting off another until the till is full enough to cover costs. The owner barely took a salary at all, he lived as poorly as his staff. 

So when you flap your gums about this ice cream shop it is obvious you don't know jack shit about his business model and how his costs are not invisible to him but are to you. Find some other damn crusade, the Wobbly movement died in the 20's.

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yes. At a restaurant where a slight change in food costs has to be absorbed because printing all new menus was too costly. Shit you never think about like if a water heater goes out you have to shut down the restaurant until it is fixed. That is hours of receipts lost that will never be recovered. Cash flow is one of the only survival methods of paying one vendor while putting off another until the till is full enough to cover costs. The owner barely took a salary at all, he lived as poorly as his staff. 

So when you flap your gums about this ice cream shop it is obvious you don't know jack shit about his business model and how his costs are not invisible to him but are to you. Find some other damn crusade, the Wobbly movement died in the 20's.

Sounds like a business that wasn’t very good.  That’s too bad.  What do you propose Blarg ? Lower the wages further ? How do you explain the enterprises that are successful.  I don’t need you to explain the dynamics of costs and how they impact the bottom line.   Extracting unjustly compensated labor to prop up a failed enterprise is bad.  That’s my view.  We can disagree.  It’s not a crusade.  Right is right and wrong is wrong.  They made the ice cream shop example not me.  And it’s a ridiculous one.   

Edited by UndertheHalo

14 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Extracting unjustly compensated labor to prop up a failed enterprise is bad.

Who are you to say labor is unjustly compensated? In a free market people would take the ice cream job. The problem is that the government is distorting the market.

17 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Thrifty ice cream literally can pay their employees $15 an hour. 

it's worth pointing out that thrifty sells a ton of other products besides ice cream. baskins & robbins doesn't. that matters.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

This makes sense. For most people, working in a restaurant is not really a career but only temporary. Obviously some things like being a chef or manager in higher end establishments could be a long term job or career but waitress, hostess and bartender probably are not.  

3 minutes ago, Toby Flenderson said:

This makes sense. For most people, working in a restaurant is not really a career but only temporary. Obviously some things like being a chef or manager in higher end establishments could be a long term job or career but waitress, hostess and bartender probably are not.  

I also wonder how much is related to colleges shutting down.  I would think a big portion of these restaurant jobs are college students that need the flex of working nights or weekends.  But with virtual learning, I'm thinking many just stay at home and don't have the huge expenses of rent, food, car, etc.  So no need to work as much, if at all.