• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

The market goes up and it goes down (and it might be in for a correction at some point anyways). The DOW on January 20th closed at 30930.52 and it is currently above 34,000. Stock market under Trump as we know had a great run but even he had his rough patches (end of 2018 was not particularly pleasant). 

You're in for the long haul anyways with your 401k and if you're older, hopefully your investments aren't as risky because I agree, Presidents can have a lot of impact on what they say and do. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The market goes up and it goes down (and it might be in for a correction at some point anyways). The DOW on January 20th closed at 30930.52 and it is currently above 34,000. Stock market under Trump as we know had a great run but even he had his rough patches (end of 2018 was not particularly pleasant). 

You're in for the long haul anyways with your 401k and if you're older, hopefully your investments aren't as risky because I agree, Presidents can have a lot of impact on what they say and do. 

There were 5 1,000+ point drops under Trump. 

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

I know some of those happened in 2020 which I won't blame him for, it would have happened to anyone. But yeah 2018 and the trade war with China had some bad days.

I think the largest drop, around 2,900 was when COVID first hit here. 

31 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Yep. 

23 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I know some of those happened in 2020 which I won't blame him for, it would have happened to anyone. But yeah 2018 and the trade war with China had some bad days.

The markets, especially currently is insanely driven by sentiment.  There’s not a lot of rhyme or reason grounded in hard economic reality. 

41 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Are you blind? People with real money are going to pull out of the stock market causing people with 401k's to take it up the ass. It's not rocket surgery.

Where are they going to put it ? All of it can’t go into illiquid stuff.  Stuff it in the mattress ? The markets rise and fall.  People talk about this boomer Armageddon.  What do you think they’re going to do with it ? 

I do like the term rocket surgery tho.  Pretty good. 

5 hours ago, cals said:

If you guys step back and read your shit like an uninterested observer, you sound fucking crazy.  

There are plenty of legit things to bitch about with Biden/Harris.  But this “not showing up at the border shit?”  Sounds totally bitchy ex-girlfriend.  Here’s a hint:  If Ted Cruz is doing something, don’t do that too.  That’s solid life advice for free.

Why do we fight

7 hours ago, cals said:

If you guys step back and read your shit like an uninterested observer, you sound fucking crazy.  

There are plenty of legit things to bitch about with Biden/Harris.  But this “not showing up at the border shit?”  Sounds totally bitchy ex-girlfriend.  Here’s a hint:  If Ted Cruz is doing something, don’t do that too.  That’s solid life advice for free.

But Ted!