• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

Just now, Kotchman said:

Is it wealth distribution or sexual deviation that you love most about the dem party?

I was raised in a very conservative, heavily Republican environment (went to a Christian school for 12 years, all of my aunts/uncles/cousins (as well as my parents) were/are staunch Republicans, etc.), and my family was lower-middle class at best (probably more accurately described as "upper lower class."  Ha...).  As I grew older and started to think for myself, I found that environment limiting in a lot of ways, and from my own experiences, I found that conservative beliefs ultimately hurt more people than they helped.  I fully understand that not everyone agrees; I'm simply speaking from my own experience and the impact I've seen on those around me. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I was raised in a very conservative, heavily Republican environment (went to a Christian school for 12 years, all of my aunts/uncles/cousins (as well as my parents) were/are staunch Republicans, etc.), and my family was lower-middle class at best (probably more accurately described as "upper lower class."  Ha...).  As I grew older and started to think for myself, I found that environment limiting in a lot of ways, and from my own experiences, I found that conservative beliefs ultimately hurt more people than they helped.  I fully understand that not everyone agrees; I'm simply speaking from my own experience and the impact I've seen on those around me. 

I hear your story. Self righteous Christians can do a lot of damage to the faith. I understand why many people are turned away. However, the filth being offered by the other side isn't liberty. It is just the opposite. They attempt to condone all behaviors and create a false sense of freedom. If liberalism is truly liberating, why are they all so angry?   We all know right from wrong and the anger in the souls of immoral people will never be solved by legislation. 

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

I hear your story. Self righteous Christians can do a lot of damage to the faith. I understand why many people are turned away. However, the filth being offered by the other side isn't liberty. It is just the opposite. They attempt to condone all behaviors and create a false sense of freedom. If liberalism is truly liberating, why are they all so angry?   We all know right from wrong and the anger in the souls of immoral people will never be solved by legislation. 

I respect your perception, but that hasn't been my experience.  Personally, my more conservative uncles, other relatives, and some people I went to high school are the ones ranting and raving on Facebook and yelling at anyone who disagrees with them in any way.  There are always going to be extremists at either end of the spectrum (yes, I've seen the videos from Portland protests/riots, etc.)--but from my own personal experiences, I've generally found more liberal/Democratic-leaning folks to be more pleasant to be around and to be generally more agreeable. 

I fully understand that you and others will say the exact opposite about your own experiences, so please understand I'm not trying to get into some huge argument.  I'm just explaining my perspective.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

He didn’t MAKE them his enemy.  He simply had the courage to openly call the out for what they were doing.

It was a fool's play and his jackass ego drove his presidency into the ground. Trying to rewrite it as courage is just dumb.

The problem is the middle crowd isn't really all that middle anymore. Most just lack the courage to take a stand. There may be some neutral stances  on taxes or entitlements. Hard to believe someone is actual neutral on city burning and gender identification.

5 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

The problem is the middle crowd isn't really all that middle anymore. Most just lack the courage to take a stand. There may be some neutral stances  on taxes or entitlements. Hard to believe someone is actual neutral on city burning and gender identification.

Not a courage thing. We’re just smart enough not to fall into the trap. 

34 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Not a courage thing. We’re just smart enough not to fall into the trap. 

I think we spend too much time labeling people as far left, far right, right, left and middle. People believe what they believe and that’s all. Someone’s political “leanings” doesn’t make them right or wrong. Maybe people should go back to accepting others for who they are as opposed to forcing their opinions on everyone else. 

Edited by Jason