• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

9 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Initial reaction where would you guys rank Wilson and Paris in our top prospect list?

good question.  

if we ultimately graduate Canning, Suarez, Rengifo, Walsh

then Adell, Marsh, Sandoval?, Thaiss, Adams, Soriano are the top 6.  Rodriguez would be 3 if he were healthy.  too bad.  

There's a lot of season left and Adams could move up pretty quick.  Soriano probably moves into the top 5.  

Will be interesting to see how some of the young guys move once rookie starts.  

Right now I'd put Wilson in the 5ish range and Paris at 10-12ish.  

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

good question.  

then Adell, Marsh, Sandoval?, Thaiss, Adams, Soriano are the top 6.  Rodriguez would be 3 if he were healthy.  too bad.  

There's a lot of season left and Adams could move up pretty quick.  Soriano probably moves into the top 5.  

Will be interesting to see how some of the young guys move once rookie starts.  

Right now I'd put Wilson in the 5ish range and Paris at 10-12ish.  

I believe its shit or get off the pot time for Thaiss, unfortunately and I think Jones is going to fall a lot.  I see our adjusted rankings as Adell, Marsh, Wilson, Soriano, and maybe Knowles/Sandavol.   I also anticipate Madero and Bradish to make a big jump.  Does anyone know if Aquino is ready yet to pitch again?  I think he has as much upside as anyone in our system. 

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

good question.  

Crazy how different the list might look with all these names likely moving off. All in one season too. There’s still a chance Adell closes the year out here too.

27 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The middle infield looks a lot better for the future now.

That leaves 1B and catching, and of course you can never have too much pitching.

I wonder what their catching plans are for 2020 and beyond.

I think our catching plans for the next two to three years is the same as it is for most teams.  

Grab a guy on a 1 or 2 year deal.   About half the teams turn their primary catcher over in a two year span.   

Eppler has been so good at consistently finding cheap, productive catchers up and down the org, year in and year out, so I’m not particularly worried about our lack of catching prospect depth. It’d be nice but I don’t think it’s an emergency or any more of a disadvantage than what other clubs face. 

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

BTW, does anyone else kinda get bummed when you see one of the minor league teams up big and when you go to the box score, none of our top prospects are responsible for what has gone well?

Justin Jones? I don't care about you!!

20 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

BTW, does anyone else kinda get bummed when you see one of the minor league teams up big and when you go to the box score, none of our top prospects are responsible for what has gone well?

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way with the Angels and Trout.

I am not happy with how the Angels have handled Cowart. To be a pitcher I think he would need to start over in at least single A and work his way up. But that would take at least a couple years. At this point, age 27, his path to a major league career is probably as a bench infielder with the hopes that someone gets hurt and he gets a chance to start. 

At this point he might want to consider Japan.

20 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I've heard recently from more than one person .... after a couple minutes you don't know the net is there.  lol.  How loaded are those people?

Behind home plate....  No brainer.

Above the dugouts... getting debatable

Down the lines....  getting silly

Protecting what is the club level at Angel Stadium and lodge level at Dodger Stadium (where the fan got hit last year and eventually died).....   ridiculous.