• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

8 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Marsh on base 3 times (2 singles and a walk) tonight.

Slash line at .280/.386/.357 on the season.

I'd like to see the slugging pct. start to trend upwards though. Pretty lite for a big guy, but power usually blossoms late for a lot of these athletic types.

31 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

to imagine success for Maitan right now you have to smoke some weed, drink 8 shots of espresso, 4 shots of tequila, put on a funny hat, rub a horseshoe and squint your eyes.  Look into the distance.  Can you see it? 

I have completely stopped tracking him.  Watching him has become a cause of frustration. 

When I see a guy play and I start going into the whole Little League Dad mode....questioning a players effort or heart I know it's time for me to turn away.

Everything about his body language annoys me currently.  I'll give him another look when I can be fair to him.

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'd like to see the slugging pct. start to trend upwards though. Pretty lite for a big guy, but power usually blossoms late for a lot of these athletic types.

Maybe a trip to the PCL at the end of the year will do him good if his average keeps trending up. ?

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The park really dampens HRs to LHBs.  If he jumped to AAA, we'd likely see a false read in the opposite direction.  For now I think they'll keep him in AA and get him to work on elevating more balls and to keep turning his plate discipline into the strength it's becoming.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Ward has legit power. He hit 6 HR in 135 AB in his first taste of MLB pitching.

I don't see him being a high average guy but I could still see him being a Mike Cameron type (without the defense, of course).

I think you're absolutely right. The big thing with him is that he showed very little late discipline or pitch recognition in the majors so far. But these things have been his calling card the last season and a half in the minors. If that translates, be can become an interesting 1B/DH option here. I don't envision him spending much time in the OF, particularly once Adell is ready. And with Fletcher, La Stella and Rengifo leading claim to 2B, 3B and utility (in whatever order), I would be hesitant to let him play 3B again. 

51 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I think you're absolutely right. The big thing with him is that he showed very little late discipline or pitch recognition in the majors so far. But these things have been his calling card the last season and a half in the minors. If that translates, be can become an interesting 1B/DH option here. I don't envision him spending much time in the OF, particularly once Adell is ready. And with Fletcher, La Stella and Rengifo leading claim to 2B, 3B and utility (in whatever order), I would be hesitant to let him play 3B again. 

Even though Ward hasn't looked very good at any position he's been at, he's been a very good hitter in the minors.  His power showed up last year but he's also hit for a high average as well.  Especially when they moved him from catching.  

definitely not a bat you want to give up on unless you can trade him for more than you think he's worth.  

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Even though Ward hasn't looked very good at any position he's been at, he's been a very good hitter in the minors.  His power showed up last year but he's also hit for a high average as well.  Especially when they moved him from catching.  

definitely not a bat you want to give up on unless you can trade him for more than you think he's worth.  

I don't think anyone is thinking of trading him. He's not the sort that another team would seriously target and there's no point in the Angels giving him up. He will either play here or he will flame out.

DSL started today with an Angels win.  

6-3 victory.  

Darimel Mora lead off at SS as a 16yo.  Signed for 350k out of the DR.  They say he's got good discipline and is on baseball america's list of 12 intl sleeper prospects for 2019.  

Alex Ramirez started in CF.  0-3, bb, sb.  

Darwin Moreno in LF.  Another kid from the 2018 class.  Venezuela product.  2-3 with 2 doubles and a bb.  

Natanael Santana (17) - first year in DSL from the DR.  DHed.  1-2, 2bb, sb.  

Yeyson Velez - 20yo DR product 5ip, 2h, 0er, 1bb, 3k.  Pitched in the DSL last year and did well but a lot of walks.  

Elian Pena - 19yo DR, 3ip, 3h, 1er, 2bb, 2k.  struggled in the DSL last year.  

would love to hear any detailed info on any of these guys. 

12 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

DSL started today with an Angels win.  

6-3 victory.  

Darimel Mora lead off at SS as a 16yo.  Signed for 350k out of the DR.  They say he's got good discipline and is on baseball america's list of 12 intl sleeper prospects for 2019.  

Alex Ramirez started in CF.  0-3, bb, sb.  

Darwin Moreno in LF.  Another kid from the 2018 class.  Venezuela product.  2-3 with 2 doubles and a bb.  

Natanael Santana (17) - first year in DSL from the DR.  DHed.  1-2, 2bb, sb.  

Yeyson Velez - 20yo DR product 5ip, 2h, 0er, 1bb, 3k.  Pitched in the DSL last year and did well but a lot of walks.  

Elian Pena - 19yo DR, 3ip, 3h, 1er, 2bb, 2k.  struggled in the DSL last year.  

would love to hear any detailed info on any of these guys. 

The only one I've even heard of is Ramirez. 

Marsh hit his second triple of the game today and came up lame rounding 3rd.   Looked like his foot or ankle.   hopefully not achilles.  Don't think so.  He was walking normal when he got back to the dugout.  maybe just a weird cramp.  

he was 3-4. avg up to .292 and ops .785.  

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Marsh hit his second triple of the game today and came up lame rounding 3rd.   Looked like his foot or ankle.   hopefully not achilles.  Don't think so.  He was walking normal when he got back to the dugout.  maybe just a weird cramp.  

he was 3-4. avg up to .292 and ops .785.  

Welcome back!!!!!!!

next half inning, Jones has a chance to make two reasonable plays.  one hard hit ball to his left and another to his right.  he whiffed on both.  A reasonable 2bman would have made at least one of them and probably both.  They were scored as singles.  

Put Gatto in a jam.  Gatto's body language reminds me of Richards.  Sort of like someone has his dog hostage.  Gave up a bloop single and then made an error on top those two sort of misplays from jones.  He's got good stuff and throws hard.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

another play where the ball clanks off Jones' glove.  Should have ended the inning.  

I've watched him play a few times this year and I just keep telling myself that he's just 21.  Similar thing with Maitan.  It's going to take some serious patience on both, because even if they aren't very good this year, as long as they're both looking good by the end of next year, they'll be good.  But Jones looks really down on himself right now.  He's taking his poor AB's into the field with him.  He needs a break.  Take a couple of weeks away from the game entirely.  Go home, enjoy yourself, then come back and start the journey toward reaching his potential.  Whereas with Maitan, the performance doesn't seem to bother him at all.  I can see why some might be pissed off by the lack of emotion shown, but that really is a positive thing.  Everyone in the club has been open about how hard he works.  I think it's more of a Garret Anderson thing where we as fans sort of misinterpret the mannerisms.