• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/6 Tigers @ Angels: Still no Trout, Cowart at 3rd

Angels:

1. David Fletcher (R) 2B
2. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
3. Justin Upton (R) LF
4. Albert Pujols (R) 1B
5. Shohei Ohtani (L) DH
6. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
7. Jose Briceno (R) C
8. Kaleb Cowart (S) 3B
9. Eric Young Jr. (S) CF

Tropeano on the mound.

Tigers:

1. Mike Gerber (L) CF
2. Jose Iglesias (R) SS
4. Jeimer Candelario (S) 3B
5. Victor Martinez (S) DH
6. Niko Goodrum (S) 2B
7. John Hicks (R) 1B
8. James McCann (R) C
9. Victor Reyes (S) LF

Matthew Boyd on the mound.

1 minute ago, VariousCrap said:

Was offered free tickets to tonight and tomorrow nights game and turned them down.  Without Trout playing, these guys just aren't worth watching live in this heat.

Oh come on. its definitely worth it to go watch Ohtani and Simba, and I think Upton.  Lol I guess that last one is debatable around here. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

16 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ned Coletti is also sort of a F*ck up failure so....

From Wiki:

"During his tenure, the Giants had an 813–644 overall record (.558), winning an average of 90.3 games per season. He was hired by the Los Angeles Dodgers in 2005. During his tenure with the Dodgers (2005-2014), Colletti had the highest winning percentage of any general manager in the National League.........Only five other GMs served continuously, either as an AGM or a GM, from 1997-2014. Of the six GMs who served continuously for the past 18 seasons as assistant general manager or general manager, only Brian Cashman of the New York Yankees had a higher winning percentage."

Much depends on your definition of failure, I guess. He was with two teams that were pretty consistent winners. He's still in the front office of the Dodgers who are still doing pretty good, since he became their senior adviser. Five straight playoff appearances for the Dodgers.

But, yeah, he's no Tony Reagins.

No one said he was as bad as Reagins but he made a few moves that totally mortgaged the dodgers future. Like Casey Blake for Carlos Santana. Signed Jason Schmidt, Andruw Jones, etc 

wasnt he also the guy who bailed the Red Sox out by taking disastrous contracts (Beckett, Crawford, Gonzalez)? Then the Sox won the WS the next year

i actually really enjoyed his time as dodgers GM because I knew they would never win it all. I’ve been living my life in fear since Friedman got hired

his claim to fame was drafting Kershaw, Seager, Kemp, etc and trading a hot head Milton bradley for a young Andre Ethier