• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Everyone ready for another round of Mike Trout has to leave BS?

Well, they aren’t wrong. I’m not suggesting doom and gloom but they have to win in either 2019 or 2020 IMO to give him a reason to come back. Don’t have to win a WS but how about a 90+ win season and a trip to the ALcS to show him we’re improving?

I know they’ll offer a lot of money but so will every other team. 

45 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Well, they aren’t wrong. I’m not suggesting doom and gloom but they have to win in either 2019 or 2020 IMO to give him a reason to come back. Don’t have to win a WS but how about a 90+ win season and a trip to the ALcS to show him we’re improving?

I know they’ll offer a lot of money but so will every other team. 

He will be traded before anyone offers him any money.  But do agree with your origional statement. Bleacher Report isnt far off base now.  If he doesnt sign an extension than the Angel's have to trade him.

I just hate how some of these guys think the Angels are the only team with a super star that have ever not made the playoffs.  Oh well, what else is new for the Angels.  

Tbh,  if they end up having to trade him.  That’s fine.  I’d rather they do it sooner then later and get more for him.  As much as I’m a huge fan of the guy his presence hasn’t changed the teams fate.  One guy, no matter how great can’t deliver a baseball team to glory.  Trout is as great as they come. 

Of course I hope we sign him this off season and we can just plan on him retiring an Angel.  

Just don’t lose him for nothing.  Or what the Orioles did.  Getting one nice low minors prospect isn’t acceptable.  That cannot happen.  They need to figure this out in the next 12 months. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

28 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya this is my feeling.  They’ll do it soon.  If he won’t sign, then that’s it. 

If we're smart, we trade him to some team shittier than us. Then post pics of us on social media partying and always looking happy. 

Also, we should seriously consider getting him pregnant.

47 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I bet on myself (Eppler) to sign him.  

I bet if he signs him it is done before he is a free agent.

You guys are right.  There is a possibility he would stay with the Angel's if he test free agency.  However, that is a remote possibility.  

There is no doubt the Angeks are going to give him a great offer.  Trout does not have the personality that wants to get into bidding wars in order to get the absolute top offer.  Plus the Angel's will not get into a bidding war either 

If he turns down the extension that means he isnt interested in staying with Angels.

12 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Trout is real into weather and storms. So I think he'll resign here to enjoy our weather variety.

Angels should build a new stadium in Bixby Knolls. There hasn't been a marine layer here in centuries. Trout would hit 100 home runs every year.

Edited by fan_since79

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

It’s definitely not true that him testing the market means he’s for sure leaving

the question is do you want to risk losing him for nothing 

This is the bottom line.  For me, it’s not worth the risk.  Especially for the Angels.  Who simply can’t afford to lose him for nothing.  We have had some nice drafts with Eppler, things are getting better but building a deep reliably productive farm takes years.  The Angels farm is not deep.   The Angels just can’t risk it imo.  

The Angels need to throw everything at Trout.  Show him exactly what he means to the club (A whole hell of a lot)  If he signs, perfect.  That’s what we all want.  But if he won’t, the organization has to protect itself. If Trouts remaining an Angel is predicated on a World Series trip or a deep run in the playoffs.  I mean, the reality is that they might not be able to do that by the end of 2020.  He has to believe in what the club is doing and where it’s going and he has to believe he’s a big part of that.  And simply it’s the truth of it.  If Trout doesn’t believe in that and winning a ring as quickly as possible is his priority, he’s probably going to leave.  For the Angels, it’s better if they figure that out sooner then later. 

Edited by UndertheHalo