• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 07/12/18 No Ohtani, Fletcher leading off

failos

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Fletcher's defense at 3b is really really good.  So much better than I remember from the minors.  His glove to hand transfer is super quick.  Almost tdawgesque.  

You forgot to let him know you're giving him props, let me FTFY. @tdawg87

I know he appreciates all the attention. 

Really fun game. 

That was a fun game to watch! Despite all the injuries and underperforming players and everything, I’ve always thought  we have a chance to get hot and compete this year. If I recall, perhaps it was 2012? but Oakland was down some 9 games at least at the all star break but came back to either win the division or come very close to it. Some trades and some promotions can infuse new life into the team as well. 

Winning these series against SEA/LA we’re a great start to it get going hopefully

2 minutes ago, kj_maestro said:

That was a fun game to watch! Despite all the injuries and underperforming players and everything, I’ve always thought  we have a chance to get hot and compete this year. If I recall, perhaps it was 2012? but Oakland was down some 9 games at least at the all star break but came back to either win the division or come very close to it. Some trades and some promotions can infuse new life into the team as well. 

Winning these series against SEA/LA we’re a great start to it get going hopefully

Teams back 10 games at the all star break get back into the mix not infrequently.  Our odds aren’t great, but it’s not over.  They get cold we get hot  and we’ll catch up quick. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

We got two relatively painless mop up innings from Drake. Can he go away now?

he lowered his era from 10.13 to 8.68 tonight.

if he could do that every time he pitches, well that'd be pretty good.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Fletcher's defense at 3b is really really good.  So much better than I remember from the minors.  His glove to hand transfer is super quick.  Almost tdawgesque.  

good catch, doc. he made a really nice transition going to his left on a grounder in the 8th or 9th inning that could have been a whole bunch of trouble, but he fielded it cleanly and made an excellent throw against his momentum.

1 hour ago, kj_maestro said:

if they take 2 of 3 from the doggies this weekend, they'll be at 50 wins going into the break. i'd be happy with that, all things considered.

after the game, my daughter and i made our way to the fox sports post-game tv recap. my purpose was to meet tim salmon and see how i could get him to come to my school to talk to the kids. we waited around for about 15 minutes and when he finished, the tv crowd just disappeared but a few people were getting his autograph. i made my way there quickly and asked him how i could contact him to come to my school and talk to the kids. he said he doesn't do that anymore. asked if we could take a picture and he said yes.

while i'm disappointed i can't get him to my school, i was pretty thrilled to meet him and take a picture (it's on my facebook page now). he was such a near-perfect player and one of my all-time favorites.

5 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Back Stiffness...

i was at the game and never heard an update on him. so his arm was okay?

i was also at the game tuesday night when richards went down. was starting to wonder that if it happened again tonight, maybe i need to change my routine or something.

btw, i bought a new hat at tuesday's game. the halos have gone out and scored 9 and 11 runs in the two games i attended this week. i give all the credit to the new hat.

man, the stadium was packed with a lot of japanese people because of the bobblehead. i've already seen one for sale on facebook in one of the marketplaces. they were asking $60 for it.

"Man, I haven't seen this many Japanese people in one place in California since the days of Manzanar." -calscuf